How does a team that shoots 18 3-pointers | The Boneyard

How does a team that shoots 18 3-pointers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
go into the bonus with 11 minutes to go in both halves?

The free throw shooting discrepancy is 26-8 right now.

Normally, I think people put too much emphasis on this discrepancy, because the team that drives goes to the FT line more than the team that shoots from outside.

But in this case, most of OSU's shots have been from outside.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Was Adams not fouled on that last drive with 10 seconds?
He was actually fouled on both of his last two drives. Ref's had already determined that that point though that OSU was winning the game though.

Reaction Score
Ohio State made a grand total of SIX field goals in the second half.

In the same half they attempted 22 free throws.

UConn accumulated a lot of their early fouls on questionable rebounding calls against our bigs. And with Facey and Brimah riddled with foul trouble, it completely changed the game.

I don't like to blame the zebras, but the calls seemed pretty one-sided tonight.

Reaction Score
When I saw 25-10 discrepancy in fouls, I wonder why we bother.

Reaction Score
Usually I look at pointing towards the refs as a stupid excuse to losing a game. This is the exception. The ticky tack fouls went completely one sided - and then the blatant ones on adam's driving to the bucket were no calls. Unreal.

Reaction Score
Most of the fouls can be blamed on poor play and bad decisions. Blaming refs for a handful of questionable calls doesn't help win games. The coaches need to and will address what the team can do to reduce the FT discrepancy, or they will continue to lose games to teams that are worse than them.

Reaction Score
Just play better and the Ref's won't be a factor

Yeah a severely flawed injury riddled team of 18-20 year olds on the road in front of 18k people just needs to play better. The grown adults who get paid to ref don't have to call it straight or do the jobs they are paid to do effectively and fairly. K.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The egregious top 5:

1) Jalen Adams Carry call - you can't carry if you don't dribble twice

2) Rodney Purvis OB call. He was 5 steps back inbounds when he took that pass

3) double dribble no call on osu- kid lost his handle and put two hands on the ball and then took another dribble

4) faceys back to back phantom loose ball rebound action calls. Benched our best big.

5) clock error. When you stop a team mid play because the shot clock failed, reset the game to the inbounds and give them their full set. Don't catch the clock up and make them re-inbound because you messed up to the point where they can't run a proper set.

Oh and the whole fact that we outshot them 12% from the floor and hit 5 more threes. -21 from the stripe will do that though.

Reaction Score
The egregious top 5:

3) double dribble no call on osu- kid lost his handle and put two hands on the ball and then took another dribble

4) faceys back to back phantom loose ball rebound action calls. Benched our best big.

5) clock error. When you stop a team mid play because the shot clock failed, reset the game to the inbounds and give them their full set. Don't catch the clock up and make them re-inbound because you messed up to the point where they can't run a proper set.

Oh and the whole fact that we outshot them 12% from the floor and hit 5 more threes. -21 from the stripe will do that though.
Was annoyed with #5 as well, but fortunately UConn scored on a Brimah putback there. Still doesn't make sense to penalize UConn because of a clock error they had nothing to do with.

What's the official rule on #2? I thought if he established himself inbounds, he's good. Or is it someone else needs to touch the ball before he does?

Reaction Score
Was annoyed with #5 as well, but fortunately UConn scored on a Brimah putback there. Still doesn't make sense to penalize UConn because of a clock error they had nothing to do with.

What's the official rule on #2? I thought if he established himself inbounds, he's good. Or is it someone else needs to touch the ball before he does?

You cannot leave the court and come back on and receive a pass.

Reaction Score
You cannot leave the court and come back on and receive a pass.

You're confusing what happened with this:

Art. 1. A player who steps out of bounds under his/her own volition and then
becomes the first player to touch the ball after returning to the playing court
has committed a violation.

The ball was passed to Rodney. He was the second player to touch the ball.

The rule you're citing is for a loose ball. This wasn't a loose ball.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Just 2 feet established unless the rule has changed recently.

Reaction Score
You're confusing what happened with this:

Art. 1. A player who steps out of bounds under his/her own volition and thenouou
becomes the first player to touch the ball after returning to the playing court
has committed a violation.

The ball was passed to Rodney. He was the second player to touch the ball.

The rule you're citing is for a loose ball. This wasn't a loose ball.

You are correct, I thought RP was the first to touch it.

Reaction Score
10? we never reached 10 my friend
Ok, I saw the box score on my phone with about 40 seconds left, and it was 24 fouls on us, and 9 on them. Then each team had at least 1 more in the last 40 seconds on espn game cast. I'm blaming them.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The egregious top 5:

Pretty sums it up

Reaction Score
The Refs were wearing these.
upload_2016-12-10_21-39-57.png

Reaction Score
Most of the fouls can be blamed on poor play and bad decisions. Blaming refs for a handful of questionable calls doesn't help win games. The coaches need to and will address what the team can do to reduce the FT discrepancy, or they will continue to lose games to teams that are worse than them.

Agreed. It was a snowballing problem. They mauled us on the boards and we committed dumb rebounding penalties, which led to our bigs playing tentative and getting outmuscled for position... and committing more dumb rebounding fouls.

I didn't see any wrong fouls on plays they attacked the basket.

They did call it awfully tight, but we settled for a lot of J's in the 2nd half. Our own fault for not drawing fouls.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You are correct, I thought RP was the first to touch it.
Regardless it's a call like 3 seconds or holding in football where you could call it on like 80 percent of plays. Ray Allen made millions running out of bounds along the baseline to catch passes.

Reaction Score
Regardless it's a call like 3 seconds or holding in football where you could call it on like 80 percent of plays. Ray Allen made millions running out of bounds along the baseline to catch passes.

He's agreeing with us. There's no such rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom