How do you work from home? | The Boneyard

How do you work from home?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just curious. I spoke with a neighbor yesterday and he said his employer installed software that tracks mouse clicks. If he doesn't click the mouse at least every four minutes, he'll get a call or email.

Nothing about productivity, just mouse clicks.

Reaction Score
Just curious. I spoke with a neighbor yesterday and he said his employer installed software that tracks mouse clicks. If he doesn't click the mouse at least every four minutes, he'll get a call or email.

The Simpsons resolved this issue decades ago.

home-office-busy.gif

Reaction Score
We don’t try to monitor lawyers when they’re not in the office, no more than we really do when they’re in it. Get your work done by the time it has to be done, and get it done right. Because if you don’t, I could care less whether you click something on the system every four minutes.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Funny usually people have teams so you can see when someone is online. Dated someone who’s mom had a mouse that spun automatically to keep her laptop active as she did stuff around the house/ran errands.

Your neighbor is going to have to find something for mouse clicks.

Reaction Score
I'm sure they monitor my laptop, but for my role, I'm not tied to it.

I get my work done, if I'm not active, no big deal.

I wouldn't do remote work if I had to be constantly worried about being active on my system.

I love remote work. I couldn't imagine having to get up early to commute to an office and deal with all that corporate stuff when I can meet with people remotely to do the same thing. Kudos to people that would rather be in an office, that's not me.

Reaction Score

I’ve been asking myself this for 4 years. Granted I’ve lived in apartments and south Florida hotels during most of that time, I have an office job

Reaction Score
I'm far less productive when I have to go into the office, and that's strictly actual work stuff. That doesn't even get into all the other productivity benefits.

I'm getting the sense that me being remote is going to change soon, and then it'll be time for a new job. I'm close enough to office where they can reasonably ask me to commute, but with traffic that's 3 hours a day and I'm not doing that

Reaction Score

So being on the Boneyard all day counts as work? Phew.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom