How do you work from home? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How do you work from home?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just curious. I spoke with a neighbor yesterday and he said his employer installed software that tracks mouse clicks. If he doesn't click the mouse at least every four minutes, he'll get a call or email.

Nothing about productivity, just mouse clicks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mostly gave up the business up top. Most I'll do is a golf shirt over a t-shirt, which I'll probably take off once the video call is over. Gym shorts below in summer. Ready to go for a walk on the trail when work ends. If I have to go to a shop, I simply switch gym shorts for nicer shorts with better pockets.

Reaction Score
The number of times I've gone on a grocery run or ran errands midday and came back to hear Mrs. Diesel say "You went out in public like that?" is a pretty high count.
That is better than getting home and realizing that your fly was down for that grocery run. Multiple times for me on that one.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I mostly gave up the business up top. Most I'll do is a golf shirt over a t-shirt, which I'll probably take off once the video call is over. Gym shorts below in summer. Ready to go for a walk on the trail when work ends. If I have to go to a shop, I simply switch gym shorts for nicer shorts with better pockets.

I probably said this somewhere in this thread but beauty of my job is no video. Microsoft teams with screen sharing and audio.

I spend around two hours a day on the headset and staring a screens.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I probably said this somewhere in this thread but beauty of my job is no video. Microsoft teams with screen sharing and audio.

I spend around two hours a day on the headset and staring a screens.
I find most people have dropped the video. Lately I have calls with California at like 6:30 AM their time. I doubt they even showered. But there are times where it helps make the conversation work.

Reaction Score
I find most people have dropped the video. Lately I have calls with California at like 6:30 AM their time. I doubt they even showered. But there are times where it helps make the conversation work.
We use MS Teams as well for my remote position with folks in South Carolina. Fortunately, we rarely have to use video. One exception is for our quarterly team meeting. I don't think that video enhances the experience but was helpful to me the first time since I had never met any of these teammates in person. Being a bit older, I always worry that video usage can contribute to age and other related biases.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom