How do you watch a game? | The Boneyard

How do you watch a game?

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Looking for something to chat about while deeply missing the post season action.

When you watch a game, what are you focusing on? Following the ball, trying to see the whole picture at once, focusing on a position, tracking a star player, or watching a role player because you like all the little things they do? Does it change based on whether we are on offense or defense? Do you watch a significant game a second time with a different strategy in mind?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looking for something to chat about while deeply missing the post season action.

When you watch a game, what are you focusing on? Following the ball, trying to see the whole picture at once, focusing on a position, tracking a star player, or watching a role player because you like all the little things they do? Does it change based on whether we are on offense or defense? Do you watch a significant game a second time with a different strategy in mind?
Depends. A lot on the ball. Sometimes I'll pay attention to match ups. Sometimes I'll pay more attention to one player. How active is he without or the ball, how hard are his cuts, etc. Some of our best players were sneaky about getting a first step. Slowing down, looking away, talking to the defender and then blowing by him. Kemba in particular was fun to watch that way.

Reaction Score
If you always watch the ball you miss the game, Instead try watching a zone defense move in tandem left and right or up and down. Pick a star player (ray allen 0for example) come off of screen after screen with a defender doing all he can to stay with him.

Reaction Score
I usually look at the person with the ball because the most calls are there. I’ll sometimes look at the paint to catch a missed 3 second violation call or look at the clock for ten second violations. I keep my eyes peeled for anything

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom