How do you not foul???

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Atrocious end game management.

Reaction Score
He played it like an NBA game. Doesn't work in college since you can't advance the ball with a TO. Don't understand at all.
Was the worst I've seen since the game Ben thought we were winning instead of losing and dribbled the clock out without taking a shot. That was infuriating, this was a close second.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
This team isn't making the tournament with efforts like this. Their only shot is winning their tourney. They just don't look motivated vs anyone in this conference. If this is what we have to look forward to, we are never getting out of this crap hole of a conference.

Reaction Score
He would have had to stand up and yell foul. I think he stood 10 times tonight.

Reaction Score
Playing solid D the first time through the shot clock...fine (maybe). But not getting the board then letting them dribble it down AGAIN and get ANOTHER rebound before you foul? HOW

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He would have had to stand up and yell foul. I think he stood 10 times tonight.

A fundamentally sound, smart, well-coached team wouldn't need to be told by the coaches on the bench to foul in that situation. They would have just done it intuitively.

Reaction Score
Was yelling at the television in the bar as well. How can you let a minute go off the clock like that! Even if they missed and got the rebound you still have to make up 5 points in 19 seconds instead of 5, possibly 7 pts in one minute. A lot easier proposition. Total coach fail.

Reaction Score
UConnNick said:
A fundamentally sound, smart, well-coached team wouldn't need to be told by the coaches on the bench to foul in that situation. They would have just done it intuitively.

No - it doesn't work that way. The decision comes from the bench on when to foul. If you foul and the coaches didn't want it, you'll get crushed in the locker room about not following instructions late in a game (ie "who told you to bleeping foul?"). And actually, you can tell Hamilton's instinct (the closest defender) was to foul and he spent 5 seconds looking at the bench to get the go ahead and was instructed not to. So don't blame him.

That was a bench decision, for whatever reason. Perhaps our coaches wanted to get some sleep.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
Was the worst I've seen since the game Ben thought we were winning instead of losing and dribbled the clock out without taking a shot. That was infuriating, this was a close second.

What game was that?

Reaction Score
Terrible decision, especially since Tulsa is not a good foul shooting team.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Same reason teams didn't foul us, good at making free throws. We were down 5 with a minute left I believe? We turned it over twice beforehand that could've cut the lead down and then while we weren't fouling we let them get two offensive rebounds. That sealed it

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

are you kidding? because a fundamentally sound informed fan of the team might be a tad bit more knowledgeable

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
rather than extend the game, he was playing to be down 5 with 19 seconds, fewer chances for them to miss and us to make up ground

I didn't like the decision

The whole team was a step slow yesterday, maybe Ollie had the same sort of mental fatigue going on. It was a damn epidemic

bad day at the office

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
"I wanted to get one stop," Ollie said. "I knew I had a timeout and if we came down and scored, then I would have fouled."

(From the Courant)

Reaction Score
Not that we would have necessarily come back to tie/win in regulation (you don't wait to start playing with urgency when you're down 10+ and under 5m to go and expect to come back), but yeah, not fouling there was a head scratcher.

Not sure what's worse - being stuck in this horrid league or the fact that we lose so many games in football & hoops to these teams we never wanted to be associated with.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If anyone cared to rebound, it might have worked. KO gets dinged for his rotation pattern in the second half after Tulsa went on its run. DH was a huge liability during this stretch and should have been subbed out. Brimah was also not playing agressively due to fouls, should have been sat longer. TSam was killing it and Omar was stuck on the bench when we needed a big 3.

The move was to go small with RB, TS, OC RP and KF or swap Nolan for RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom