How do cord cutters watch Games? | The Boneyard

How do cord cutters watch Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I cancelled cable last spring and primarily watch different apps on my Firestick. I have all of the standard apps, Netflix, Hulu , prime,ESPN, hbo etc.
I also have a buddy's log in info for Comcast and get some standard cable channels.
How do fellow husky fans who cut cable watch the games?

Reaction Score
all of the major networks have adequate streaming apps - just watched the giants game on the fox sports app, for instance.

as a connecticut-based fan, the big blind spot is SNY. i follow the mets and (obviously) the huskies and usually end up listening to the radio before looking up replays of the broadcasts after they've ended. that, or just head to a nearby bar.

Reaction Score
You need the url for those secret embedded go-pro cams / fiber optic networks

Reaction Score
Check Streaming on Reddit once the season starts. I'm always able to find a link for every baseball, NCAAF, and NFL game on there. Very good quality too.

Reaction Score
Check Streaming on Reddit once the season starts. I'm always able to find a link for every baseball, NCAAF, and NFL game on there. Very good quality too.

I can always find a stream there but the quality is usually crap for me. It's fine on my laptop but if I want to blow it up to my tv you can tell it's only 360p

Reaction Score
I can always find a stream there but the quality is usually crap for me. It's fine on my laptop but if I want to blow it up to my tv you can tell it's only 360p
Really depends on the popularity of the game. I can always find great NFL streams. Larger CFB games are also very good. For UConn, it's hit or miss.

Reaction Score
was going to post something similar... I'm currently in limbo trying to decide whether to re-up with Comcast so I can watch UConn and hope they figure out the YES situation or try to piece things together for the UConn season while continuing with Playstation Vue. To my knowledge, there is no CBS Sports Network App and I do not think that the various ESPN iterations pick up those streams.

If I know someone with a Comcast password, can I stream the games on my laptop?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
was going to post something similar... I'm currently in limbo trying to decide whether to re-up with Comcast so I can watch UConn and hope they figure out the YES situation or try to piece things together for the UConn season while continuing with Playstation Vue. To my knowledge, there is no CBS Sports Network App and I do not think that the various ESPN iterations pick up those streams.

If I know someone with a Comcast password, can I stream the games on my laptop?

There's no CBS Sports Network app, but they have a web site to stream games... but only four cable networks are listed when you check providers. I've got PlayStation Vue with that WatchESPN I can get everything except CBS Sports Network games and I'll probably get some of the SNY games through a regional sports network... . I try to do everything on the up and up, but I guess for the 7 CBS SN games I might have to do something else. If Vue or Sling adds CBS SN it would solve a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's no CBS Sports Network app, but they have a web site to stream games... but only four cable networks are listed when you check providers. I've got PlayStation Vue with that WatchESPN I can get everything except CBS Sports Network games and I'll probably get some of the SNY games through a regional sports network... . I try to do everything on the up and up, but I guess for the 7 CBS SN games I might have to do something else. If Vue or Sling adds CBS SN it would solve a lot.

So my question is in regards to the "something else." I am very new to the cord-cutting world and streaming. Would a jailbroken firestick give me access to CBS SN? Or would I have to find/use some creepy website to stream?

Reaction Score

Also, a person at SlingTV told me they would be picking up CBS SN. However, when I asked again, they had no knowledge of it.

Reaction Score
What's the subreddit for college bball streams? NFL games are a breeze with reddit.com/r/NFLStreams

Reaction Score
[QUOTE If I know someone with a Comcast password, can I stream the games on my laptop? QUOTE]

Yes. If you log on to the Comcast website the DVR menu is the same as what you would see on your TV. You can start watching something on your laptop then pick up where you left off on the TV. I did watch part of a UConn FB game on CBSSports earlier this year.[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
I don't live in CT. The only channel that I'm missing is SNY. Do they still stream those games on WatchESPN if you aren't in the CT?

Reaction Score
I checked the ESPN3/watchespn schedule for Friday and don't see the Wagner game on the schedule. Is it not there because it's technically SNY? Was it consistently like this last year?

Reaction Score
What's the subreddit for college bball streams? NFL games are a breeze with reddit.com/r/NFLStreams

I've never used it before but this is what I found. I'll have to check it out when we are on CBS Sports Network.

NCAA Basketball Streams • /r/ncaaBBallStreams

Edit: So Far it's just people asking for streams. Hopefully they stream games once the season starts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't live in CT. The only channel that I'm missing is SNY. Do they still stream those games on WatchESPN if you aren't in the CT?
I live out of state as well and just tried checking the espn3 schedule. It seems like the UConn vs Northeastern game on the 14th will be on espn3 but I can't find anything for the game on Friday vs Wagner.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Espn3 app for ESPN games, and streaming sites for all CBS SportsNet games since like others have said are still in the stone ages with no app.

Reaction Score
Espn3 app for ESPN games, and streaming sites for all CBS SportsNet games since like others have said are still in the stone ages with no app.
I live in MA and know in the past I was able to watch all SNY games via espn3 as well. Hoping UConn Wagner gets added to the schedule by Friday.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I live in MA and know in the past I was able to watch all SNY games via espn3 as well. Hoping UConn Wagner gets added to the schedule by Friday.
Yea ESPN3 has always worked for the SNY games for me.

Reaction Score

Is there a favorite "streaming site" for CBS Sports Network? I'm cordless and am not using Sling or PV so I'd like to know my options for Friday.

Reaction Score
I live in VA and I see most games on not on regular ESPN's on CBSSN or ESPN3...Verizon Subsciber

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I got a package from Direct TV to get SNY just for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom