How did Paige past injuries effect WCB? | The Boneyard

How did Paige past injuries effect WCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fox Sports will Caitlin Clark camera isolated on her. Was she the one who most benefitted by Paige being limited/out for the past two seasons?

Reaction Score
I’m not sure I understand this question. Are you asking if CC has this attention because Paige got hurt? If so, this is a crazy take. CC deserves the shine not matter what. And Paige getting hurt has nothing to do with it

Reaction Score
Fox Sports will Caitlin Clark camera isolated on her. Was she the one who most benefitted by Paige being limited/out for the past two seasons?
Paige is healthy now, playing great, and CATLIN CLARK is still getting all the headlines. Her popularity has nothing to do with Paige in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Why does the amount of media attention focused on Bueckers or Clark even matter? They're bringing a lot of attention to the sport in general which is awesome to see.

This type of discourse gets toxic on social media from what I've observed. One post about Bueckers and it's "But Caitlin this". And when it's about Caitlin, it's "If Paige hadn't been hurt that". Of course fans will have their preference for players. Nothing wrong with that, but dragging on another just to make your preference look better doesn't help things.

And with the horrible stereotypes about women's basketball, this is the last thing I think needs to be debated. Last night I saw the viral clip from Ryan Clark's Pivot podcast where Michael Porter Junior put out the same tired tropes (need to lower rims, they don't deserve equal pay, etc.). For crying out loud, have we seen a NBA game recently? That sport has it's own issues with quality of play from what I've seen over the last decade.

Reaction Score
Paige hasn't really done anything to garner a lot of attention. Clark is about to break the all-time scoring record and plays for a team ranked in the top 3 that made it to the national championship game last season.
Attention, as per media hype maybe however she along with Clark are both on the latest list for players being considered for the Naismith Award. They've both done something right to be considered for the award.

Reaction Score
CC has the camera because she is the greatest college basketball player in WCBB history. She is able to do what is needed by her team to win. If it comes down to her taking a shot or another player on the team with the same shot CC doesn't hesitate and takes the shot. She is a great passer and a good rebounder too. Her game is solid fundamentally and her ability to be a showman is second to none.

The player who benefitted from Paige's injury is the person who played in her place. No player on another team was helped or hurt by Paige being out just like Paige isn't helped by any person who is out on another team this year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Doubtful, but I do think Clark is reaping the benefits of her own lights-out play in last year's tournament and leading her team to one of the all time biggest upsets and a championship game appearance.

The accolades tend to gravitate toward those who play great and win big games. I don't see why we should begrudge that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom