How deep will KO go with our rotation | The Boneyard

How deep will KO go with our rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clearly KO wants to go uptempo with this squad, so I'm thinking he goes 10 deep with our ex-walkons seeing very limited cleanup time.

Reaction Score
I can't think of any recruited player that won't see minutes, at least in the early going. It may think out later, but we've got a lot of depth this year.

Reaction Score
I see 10 playing deep into the conference schedule.

Omar Calhoun played very late last year. The questions are Cassell, Calhoun, Lubin and Facey. These 4 are going to get plenty of chances to show what value they have.

I tend to think the other 6 (Brimah, Nolan, Hamilton, Samuel, Boatright and Purvis) are going to play throughout the season.

Reaction Score
Lubin won't get much PT at all after December. Sam Cassell might get squeezed out of the rotation as well. Omar -- it depends on whether he looks like the 2013 version (a 20 mpg backup at the 3) or 2014 version (a 5 mpg in-case-of-emergency guy).

Facey, regardless of how much he's improved, will get significant minutes at the 4.

Reaction Score
Lubin won't get much PT at all after December. Sam Cassell might get squeezed out of the rotation as well. Omar -- it depends on whether he looks like the 2013 version (a 20 mpg backup at the 3) or 2014 version (a 5 mpg in-case-of-emergency guy).

Facey, regardless of how much he's improved, will get significant minutes at the 4.
What makes you say that about Cassell? That seems to go against everything I've heard about him.

Reaction Score
What makes you say that about Cassell? That seems to go against everything I've heard about him.

Nothing about Cassell, just the fact that we're unlikely to go more than 3 deep at the 1/2, and Boat, Purvis, and Samuel are ahead of Cassell in the pecking order.

Reaction Score
Nothing about Cassell, just the fact that we're unlikely to go more than 3 deep at the 1/2, and Boat, Purvis, and Samuel are ahead of Cassell in the pecking order.
Dude you got media guys who watched practice this past week who are predicting Cassell to start, and Greenberg saying KO told him off the record that he's been very impressive, you're likely going to be way off on this.

Reaction Score
I've been going with Boat, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey and Brimah as starters but after hearing a lot of talk about Cassell I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 guard starting lineup with Boat, Cassell and Purvis.

Reaction Score
Boat, Purvis, Cassell, Facey, Brimah. Samuel/Hamilton/Nolan as backups for their positions. Calhoun picks up spot minutes, Lubin in if there's foul trouble.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think in close games, and there should be a bunch of them, KO will mix and match until he finds the right combo. I would not be surprised to see him use a lot of different combos, but it might change from game to game. Against a team like Nova, for example, who is super guard heavy, we might see very little of Lubin and even Brimah or Nolan if he chooses to go small and put Facey at the 5 and Hamilton at the 4 (just an example).

But against a team like Pitt, with a bunch of bruisers, we might see a lot more of Lubin, Nolan, Samuel, and Cassell - guys who are stronger and better able to bang around. I have a feeling he will use a lot of players, but only if they show then can handle being out there.

Reaction Score
There is now way Cassell will start ahead of Hamilton.

My only question is what is going to happen with Brimah, Nolan and Facey. Is Nolan going to start at the 4?

Reaction Score
Early on it will be more open, late probably an 8 man with

RB
Purvis
DHam
Facey
Brimah

Sam Jr
Omar
Nolan

Reaction Score
There is now way Cassell will start ahead of Hamilton.

My only question is what is going to happen with Brimah, Nolan and Facey. Is Nolan going to start at the 4?

There is considerable buzz around Cassell. It is entirely possible that he starts and is one of our better players.

Reaction Score
Early on it will be more open, late probably an 8 man with

RB
Purvis
DHam
Facey
Brimah

Sam Jr
Omar
Nolan
Umm you are forgetting T Sam, if it's an 8 man rotation T Sam is definitely getting burn over Omar.

Reaction Score
Why are people completely writing off the idea of someone who is essentially a junior, who dominated JUCO, starting over an 18 year old with zero college-level experience?

For many good reasons not worth enumerating here beyond emphasizing skillset. I seem to recall Rashamel Jones taking a backseat to Rip Hamilton. That's my comparison right there.

Reaction Score
if he wants to run the fast break, everybody has to play, we will tire teams out this year with our guard play. My hunch is that KO will go witht the hot hand, if someone plays well, they'll be on the floor, but there will be plenty of substitutions and line up changes to take advantage of the 1 to 3 spots.

Reaction Score
I doubt it, Omar is more versatile and has much more upside. Maybe he'll get some minutes here and there when they need a spark.

Umm you are forgetting T Sam, if it's an 8 man rotation T Sam is definitely getting burn over Omar.

Reaction Score
Omar will probably play at SF with Hamilton, just my guess

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He had an improved shooting touch by the end of the season, but all of the toe-on-the-line 2s were getting a bit frustrating.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
There is considerable buzz around Cassell. It is entirely possible that he starts and is one of our better players.
I'd be happy if that is correct so long as it is not due to injury.
KO has some create tools at his disposal.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say that - aside from Boatright, Brimah and (to an extent) Purvis - no one here has a clue how the rotation will play out.

The rest of the roster is pretty much a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom