How decision by Kansas player led to UConn landing transfer Spencer | The Boneyard

How decision by Kansas player led to UConn landing transfer Spencer

Reaction Score
Article about getting Spencer after the Timberlake spurn. Don't think there's anything we all on here don't know.

"We love Nick," the coach said. "I think we had an opportunity that was very clear-cut for a guard to come in here. Obviously, Cam's been great. Nick would have been great. Cam has brought so much to the team, with his toughness and his personality, too. Losing Andre (Jackson's) and (Adama Sanogo's) personality, just getting another fiery guy in the building ... we lost a lot of fire, and I think at times we have a little too much ice out there."

Alternative access:

How decision by Kansas player led to UConn men’s basketball landing transfer Cam Spencer: 'Perfect fit'

Reaction Score
All I can say is...Cam Spencer has been fantastic.

Cole. Martin. Newton. Spencer.

Hurley and staff have hit home runs with their impact transfers while Alleyne, Joey C, Diarra have all been solid depth pickups too.

I love this staff. So do you.

Reaction Score
Article about getting Spencer after the Timberlake spurn. Don't think there's anything we all on here don't know.

"We love Nick," the coach said. "I think we had an opportunity that was very clear-cut for a guard to come in here. Obviously, Cam's been great. Nick would have been great. Cam has brought so much to the team, with his toughness and his personality, too. Losing Andre (Jackson's) and (Adama Sanogo's) personality, just getting another fiery guy in the building ... we lost a lot of fire, and I think at times we have a little too much ice out there."

Alternative access:

How decision by Kansas player led to UConn men’s basketball landing transfer Cam Spencer: 'Perfect fit'

Link to the Alternate access is not working. If anyone wants to provide it then be my guest.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
All I can say is...Cam Spencer has been fantastic.

Cole. Martin. Newton. Spencer.

Hurley and staff have hit home runs with their impact transfers while Alleyne, Joey C, Diarra have all been solid depth pickups too.

I love this staff. So do you.
Live look in on @Hey Adrien! :
1701377845116.gif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hurley is such a pro with this: "We love Nick," the coach said. "I think we had an opportunity that was very clear-cut for a guard to come in here. Obviously, Cam's been great. Nick would have been great. "

Reaction Score
Hurley is such a pro with this: "We love Nick," the coach said. "I think we had an opportunity that was very clear-cut for a guard to come in here. Obviously, Cam's been great. Nick would have been great. "
I suspect he's not as diplomatic in the locker room.

Reaction Score
Wow I'd wiped this from my memory. As someone who only follows recruiting when it bubbles to the surface, Nick was a 'want' for a hot minute especially b/c the local Braintree connection but then completely forgotten. Nick definitely seems more like a Joey replacement, so cool that Cam has emerged as a 2/3 (passing & fire) AJ replacement.

Reaction Score
Honestly not really, Kemba was a five star recruit, remember being excited when he committed, It has been so long and the memory fades but I think I can remember him playing in the mcdonalds AA game
He was but he was responding to your wrong guys/not first choice post. Brandon Jennings was the first choice and people thought he was coming here.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Cockburn was a year before, but we for sure would not have been in the running for Sanogo if we had landed him.
Cockburn wouldn’t have been too bad either

Orc

Reaction Score
Why do I have a feeling Timberlake is going to drop 10 threes against us and score his season high tonight?

Reaction Score
Honestly not really, Kemba was a five star recruit, remember being excited when he committed, It has been so long and the memory fades but I think I can remember him playing in the mcdonalds AA game
I meant that we got Kemba after being absolutely sure we were gonna get Brandon Jennings. He was another of our lucky silver medals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom