How bout them Huskies!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How bout them Huskies!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
How is 45 degrees and rain brutal for anyone from New England that may be a football fan. Today was a wonderfull day for football in CT for anyone who dressed for the occasion. The baton twillers were great in their skimpy out fits and not missing a beat at half time. The band had no problem nor did the team with minimal coverage. Don't mean to bash anyone but the word brutal today was an excuse and not a reason. It was a great football day!
Tennis anyone? :)

Absolutely agree. I wrote in another thread that I would take 100 of these types of games over 1 hot/humid Stony Brook weather game. You can dress for cold. You can dress for rain. You can even dress for cold rain. Aside from my cheeks being a little rosy right now from the wind (and the CL Smooths), I was comfortable throughout the game.

I did chuckle at the UCF fans huddling under the heating vents in the men's room. Not to mention, the entire UCF team wearing long sleeve shirts and huddling around the heat blowers whenever they were on the sideline. LOVE seeing these southern schools come up north to play real big-boy football!

Reaction Score
How is 45 degrees and rain brutal for anyone from New England that may be a football fan. Today was a wonderfull day for football in CT for anyone who dressed for the occasion. The baton twillers were great in their skimpy out fits and not missing a beat at half time. The band had no problem nor did the team with minimal coverage. Don't mean to bash anyone but the word brutal today was an excuse and not a reason. It was a great football day!
Tennis anyone? :)
Had my 84 year old dad with me. He is old school tough but was ready to go after the first

Reaction Score
Absolutely agree. I wrote in another thread that I would take 100 of these types of games over 1 hot/humid Stony Brook weather game. You can dress for cold. You can dress for rain. You can even dress for cold rain. Aside from my cheeks being a little rosy right now from the wind (and the CL Smooths), I was comfortable throughout the game.

I did chuckle at the UCF fans huddling under the heating vents in the men's room. Not to mention, the entire UCF team wearing long sleeve shirts and huddling around the heat blowers whenever they were on the sideline. LOVE seeing these southern schools come up north to play real big-boy football!

No way. I'd always prefer Stony Brook weather over cold, windy and rainy. Sun, shorts sleeves, shorts way better than bundling, gloves and rain gear.

Also there are so many southern schools that could come up north and beat the likes of UConn, BCU, Penn State, Rutgers, UMass and anyone else. Big Boy football = cold weather? Don't think so. Maybe home field advantage is the edge, but not the weather. How do think Florida would do against UConn at the Rent this year? HCBD gets the right talent over next few years and climate won't matter.

Reaction Score
Now that we've tasted victory against a quality opponent, I truly believe that there will be no looking back. The kids have always given the effort, but now they will be able to believe that the effort will be rewarded.

The OLine continues to get better and better. Chandler did a nice job again. Foxx and Adams were....I don't even have the words for them! And the D held strong. Mix in some good performances all over the field (Johnson, Newsome, etc.), and you have a UConn team that shows you that they have the requisite talent and heart to really make some noise, even in 2014. Hell, even Cochran was doing his best TJ Weist impression in the first half, rockin' the short sleeves! And there realistically is not a team left on the schedule that we cannot beat, which makes the previously unthinkable idea of bowling not only possible, but obtainable.

The turnaround is here, ladies and gentlemen. It's here, and we aren't going to look back...

Checking my notes and you did predict a victory over UCF at the beginning of the season. ;)

Reaction Score
I love football when the weather is like this, you just have to come prepared.

Attachments

• football.jpg
    football.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 79
Reaction Score
I wore shorts today. And while people made a lot of comments, the only part of me that wasn't cold were my legs, because they weren't covered in wet fabric.

Reaction Score
No way. I'd always prefer Stony Brook weather over cold, windy and rainy. Sun, shorts sleeves, shorts way better than bundling, gloves and rain gear.

Also there are so many southern schools that could come up north and beat the likes of UConn, BCU, Penn State, Rutgers, UMass and anyone else. Big Boy football = cold weather? Don't think so. Maybe home field advantage is the edge, but not the weather. How do think Florida would do against UConn at the Rent this year? HCBD gets the right talent over next few years and climate won't matter.
1) This is another example of people who do not get the fact that football is a winter sport and ...
2) This is where the name fair weather fan comes from...
3) We will hope to see you at the spring game...That of course unless the winter does not let up and only provide us only with 65 degrees, partly sunny etc. Otherwise they may have to cancel for a lack of baseball fans that could attend.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Big Boy football = cold weather? Don't think so. Maybe home field advantage is the edge, but not the weather. How do think Florida would do against UConn at the Rent this year? HCBD gets the right talent over next few years and climate won't matter.

So you're trying to tell me that the 1,087 fans in the stadium in the 2nd half gave UCONN the raucous home field advantage to win today, and that it had nothing to do weather?? Riiiiiiiiiight. Hey, I don't have a voice right now but I seriously doubt that a couple of fools yelling like crazy from 139 had more to do with today's win than the weather.

B1G. Boy. Football. LOVE IT.

Dooley

Reaction Score
After sitting through the drubbing in Orlando last year this win was sweet. Great win for the team and the program. Go Huskies!

Honestly, when we were up 37-21 and had the ball with 8 to play in the 4th Q, I was kinda sorta hoping that we'd score again to try to run up the score. I understand why UCF ran it up last year. I really do. But I was hoping for a bit of running up redemption.

Then I remembered that we can blow games with the best of them and I'll just have to make due with any win by any score. :)

Dooley

Reaction Score
1) This is another example of people who do not get the fact that football is a winter sport and ...
2) This is where the name fair weather fan comes from...
3) We will hope to see you at the spring game...That of course unless the winter does not let up and only provide us only with 65 degrees, partly sunny etc. Otherwise they may have to cancel for a lack of baseball fans that could attend.

My wife actually makes fun of me when I get excited for rain/snow gameday forecasts. I get especially excited when these rain/snow games fall on days when we play a cold crop of tanned southerners. Northern football's identity: football in the cold/snow. LOVE IT.

Reaction Score
So you're trying to tell me that the 1,087 fans in the stadium in the 2nd half gave UCONN the raucous home field advantage to win today, and that it had nothing to do weather?? Riiiiiiiiiight. Hey, I don't have a voice right now but I seriously doubt that a couple of fools yelling like crazy from 139 had more to do with today's win than the weather.

B1G. Boy. Football. LOVE IT.

Poor Touchdown Henry has obviously never been to Disneyworld! Weather was a major factor!

Reaction Score
My wife actually makes fun of me when I get excited for rain/snow gameday forecasts. I get especially excited when these rain/snow games fall on days when we play a cold crop of tanned southerners. Northern football's identity: football in the cold/snow. LOVE IT.

I too am hoarse from today. If I dragged my wife to that game, I would be served with Divorce papers!

Reaction Score
Honestly, when we were up 37-21 and had the ball with 8 to play in the 4th Q, I was kinda sorta hoping that we'd score again to try to run up the score. I understand why UCF ran it up last year. I really do. But I was hoping for a bit of running up redemption.

Then I remembered that we can blow games with the best of them and I'll just have to make due with any win by any score. :)

I was thinking the same thing. When we didn't score a point off the last interception, I started fixating on the missed PAT, which would have put us up by three scores. A little drama at the end, but they pulled it out.

Reaction Score

How does anyone "brag" on northern football, period. The northeast has a long way to go to make inroads on southern football. Take Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Florida State and throw them out of this debate. Let's now take Mississippi, Miss State, Clemson, Texas A.M. and South Carolina out too.

Now we can schedule North Carolina, Arkansas, Miami, Tennessee and Kentucky up at the Rent for every weekend in November and early December . . . . and tell me about UConn, northern identity and cold/snow.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
How does anyone "brag" on northern football, period. The northeast has a long way to go to make inroads on southern football. Take Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Florida State and throw them out of this debate. Let's now take Mississippi, Miss State, Clemson, Texas A.M. and South Carolina out too.

Now we can schedule North Carolina, Arkansas, Miami, Tennessee and Kentucky up at the Rent for every weekend in November and early December . . . . and tell me about UConn, northern identity and cold/snow.
Show me how many fans from any of those schools show up in that weather, and come back and see me. Is it a useless hypothetical? Yes. But that's the point.

Reaction Score
Show me how many fans from any of those schools show up in that weather, and come back and see me. Is it a useless hypothetical? Yes. But that's the point.
As opposed to the standing room only capacity crowd at Rentschler Field on Saturday. I don't believe we should be acting smug about the southern schools. In fact, I think we should be emulating them in almost every way. Also this business about cold weather and being northern "tough" is nonsense. Take a look at rosters from Minn, New England, Cleveland, New York, etc. and there are a lot more southern and west coast players than there are from northeast. So talent means everything and climate very little.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
You can't talk attendance and not talk record. It's absolutely THE KEY comparison.

EG - this is Williams Bryce going into OT this weekend. Mid 40s - no rain. SC isn't a world beater this year, but they're better than us. This is also considered a rivalry game.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 61
Reaction Score
PaulMyerberg6:29pm via Twitter Web Client
Teams of the week: Air Force, Temple, UConn, WMU, TCU, Florida, Auburn, Oregon, Tennessee, UCLA, ASU.

Amazing what one good win will do for perception ;)

PaulMyerberg 10:32am via Twitter Web Client
Re-ranking the FBS from 1-128 after Week 10 usatoday.com/story/sports/n… Arizona State cracks the top 10, FSU remains No. 1.

101. Western Kentucky (3-5, 1-4) – DOWN 9 | 102. Fresno State (3-6, 2-3) | 103. Connecticut (2-6, 1-4) – UP 15 | 104. Southern Mississippi (3-6, 1-4) | 105. New Mexico (3-5, 1-3) | 106. Wake Forest (2-6, 0-4) | 107. Tulane (2-6, 1-3) | 108. Vanderbilt (3-6, 0-5) | 109. Appalachian State (3-5, 2-2) | 110. Old Dominion (3-6, 1-4) – DOWN 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom