How big of a loss is Cam Ross? | The Boneyard

How big of a loss is Cam Ross?

Reaction Score
Cam is out with a broken foot. Receiver is a position of strength for us but Cam is a star. Who picks up the slack? I think we’ll be fine with our depth but that’s a terrible loss.

Reaction Score
Cam is out with a broken foot. Receiver is a position of strength for us but Cam is a star. Who picks up the slack? I think we’ll be fine with our depth but that’s a terrible loss.
So sorry to hear this, really like Cam from what little I saw.

Reaction Score
I am hoping he can get back on the field by the end of October. Great kid and one of our proven weapons.

Reaction Score
Bad loss but a position of depth. I personally hope Brewton has been working on his catching skills. We need to put his speed to good use Nick Williams style.

Reaction Score
There will be more adverse events. Gotta fight through them. Next man up.

That said, it sucks. Guessing hard cast which takes awhile. But maybe by November?

Reaction Score
CR hasn't played in over a year so it's not really a loss. He would have been a nice addition. Best of luck for a full and speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
Big loss, but I think with Fitzgerald we see a big uptick in production with or without Ross. Just would be better with Ross.

Reaction Score
Ross got injured in the 2nd game last year, so he's only played less than 2 games since 2019. Kid can't catch a break (no pun intended).

Next man's gotta step up again: Marion, Fitzgerald, Drayton, Turner, Didio, Clercius, etc.

Reaction Score
CR hasn't played in over a year so it's not really a loss.
Head bang
You must have missed what he did his true freshman season without a great supporting cast. Projected as a number one receiver this season it is certainly a loss to the team, staff and most fans. Obviously not yourself.

Reaction Score
Because I see better receivers in both of them than Ross... who only gets the spotlight because he was the best on a garbage team.

Reaction Score
Because I see better receivers in both of them than Ross... who only gets the spotlight because he was the best on a garbage team.
Not sure what your agenda is but Cam was not a last resort player on a crappy team. He got open, had speed and caught the ball and even took it to the house. There are other programs that would like to have him I am sure. I hope he can make it back. Other programs knew they had to game plan for him and then he got hurt. We have other good receivers and quite frankly it is nice that it is a strength on our team. A good passing attack could really bring in the fans.

Reaction Score
There will be more adverse events. Gotta fight through them. Next man up.

That said, it sucks. Guessing hard cast which takes awhile. But maybe by November?
I think it's a possibility that he gets a second redshirt if he doesn't play at all because of an injury.

Although to counter that, I'm not sure if he would even wanna be here for two more years after this year. This year will be his fourth year in college.

Reaction Score
I think receivers are typically the most easily replaceable position on any team. Ross was very good, but I think we have upgraded the position. Plus it is an easier position to adjust to your personnel. Teams typically play as many as 7 in a game too.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think it's a possibility that he gets a second redshirt if he doesn't play at all because of an injury.

Although to counter that, I'm not sure if he would even wanna be here for two more years after this year. This year will be his fourth year in college.
Can we get any more positive?

Ross has been handed a real bad hand of cards not once but twice and it was beyond his control. I hope some good news and positive experience on the field comes his way should he continue with the game.

Bouk on the other hand....................................to be continued......................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom