How are we doing with our predictions? | The Boneyard

How are we doing with our predictions?

Reaction Score
I said 20-11. KenPom currently projects for 18. We're likely to be favored in only 6 or so remaining games, but 5 of those games we're <5 point underdogs, so we'll probably steal a couple (thus the 8 wins projected). Have to hope for some 2nd half improvement.

Gonna have to steal a couple on the road to get there.

Reaction Score
I thought 20 regular season wins would be a good season. I'm not sure if we'll get there now, but if we can finish a couple games over .500 it's still a marked improvement

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Didn't post in that thread, but have said in a few places that I expected a deep NIT run. Stand by that, but we made need some luck to make a deep run.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I said 20-11. KenPom currently projects for 18. We're likely to be favored in only 6 or so remaining games, but 5 of those games we're <5 point underdogs, so we'll probably steal a couple (thus the 8 wins projected). Have to hope for some 2nd half improvement.

Same. And I said in other threads I'd be happy with 18 wins. So 18-20. I think that's our range.

I thought 20 regular season wins would be a good season. I'm not sure if we'll get there now, but if we can finish a couple games over .500 it's still a marked improvement

I think everyone should be satisfied with 18. Not that that is what we all wanted, just that given where we came from, with the personnel that we have, that's a decent result. That's an 8 game swing from last year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Didn't post in that thread, but have said in a few places that I expected a deep NIT run. Stand by that, but we made need some luck to make a deep run.

For this particular team, it will really depend on matchups. If they are big athletic inside, we struggle. Guard dominant teams we can handle.

Reaction Score
Same. And I said in other threads I'd be happy with 18 wins. So 18-20. I think that's our range.

I think everyone should be satisfied with 18. Not that that is what we all wanted, just that given where we came from, with the personnel that we have, that's a decent result. That's an 8 game swing from last year.
Yeah I'll be happy if we make the NIT.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I predicted a winning record but no post season. Based on the team's performance, I won't changed my mind.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score

Based on our schedule, I see us going 8-7 (Wins against Tulsa, Tulane, Wichita (x2), ECU (x2), USF, Temple (Home) the rest of the year which gets us to 18-12.

I think it's possible for us to go 10-5 and 20-10 total (steal road wins at Memphis and Temple) if we play like we did last night, but that is probably slightly out of reach.

Reaction Score
I think Cinci is beatable. Maybe hard on the road.but there not exactly setting the world on fire as of late.

Reaction Score
I said 20-22 wins as the high mark so probably was thinking 18-20 wins realistically. I guess we are half way there but probably maybe only looking at 16-18 wins based on what we have seen so far this season.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The performance in the three areas I mentioned in that thread (perimeter shooting, perimeter Defense, performance of front court) haven't made me reassess the year end win total. 19 wins. Tops.

They will get an NIT birth, unless they unbelievably win the AAC tourney. NIT Final Four or better exceeds expectations.

Reaction Score
Would that have Jalen leaving as the only 4 year UConn recruit since the early 80s with a losing record? He has seen it all for sure. But that sucks. Can’t be all on him for sure.

Reaction Score
The performance in the three areas I mentioned in that thread (perimeter shooting, perimeter Defense, performance of front court) haven't made me reassess the year end win total. 19 wins. Tops.

They will get an NIT birth, unless they unbelievably win the AAC tourney. NIT Final Four or better exceeds expectations.
Undefeated. I still think they have a shot.

Reaction Score
I predicted 11-5 in the first 16 with a loss today. That usf game really fooled me. If they win this though would be back on track for my prediction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom