How are college coaches approaching recruiting for the class of 2022? | The Boneyard

How are college coaches approaching recruiting for the class of 2022?

Reaction Score
Interesting article for people who intently follow recruiting. This quote sounds like Hurley.

A Big East Head Coach said, “I think now more than ever, transparency is very important. Not only during the recruiting process, but when they get to campus. You have to be completely transparent about what their role will be.”

The Head Coach continued, “This means communicating not only with the kid, but with his parents as well. Because if the parents are unhappy and feel they were misled, you never know if the kid will return after going home.”

This quote is pertinent to what just happened here.

One ACC assistant told 247Sports, “Why would you ever recruit a project big man again? By the time that kid gets good, and all of the hard work is going to pay off, he will have already left your program. I just don’t see the value in it anymore with no redshirting and players being able to transfer without sitting out.”

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Especially with this year not counting, I'm very interested to see how many players return for an extra year and how that affect the class of '22. I could see a last minute decommits because player X, Y, and/or Z decided to return for an extra year. This will be something to think/monitor over the next four years too. I think this will lead to even more player movement than what we see already. You'll have guys returning to their school that my lead to recruits de committing and on the flip side, there'll be guys that want to use their extra year but at a different school. I really have no idea how this will all play out.

Reaction Score
We must become the hunters, not the hunted.

We're getting back there.

Reaction Score
doesnt samson qualify as a project big man?

Reaction Score
Not if you believe the rating services and the other schools recruiting him, in addition to the time and effort DH and the boys put in to get him.
Javonte Brown would qualify as a project more so than Samson.

Reaction Score
When I saw him play at Hoophall I thought he was a Polley clone, (pre Polley breakout). Shot and made 3's, was active, not necessarily impactful on the boards, athletic but slight. Watching him in the game this fall playing with Diggins, holy crap. He ate Dereck Lively alive, has gotten stronger, ran the court like a deer, blocked shots, rebounded, finished in transition, and looked more like an impact freshman than a project. I expect him to contribute. We got a good one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom