How about UConn and Navy to the ACC? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How about UConn and Navy to the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get it? Really snarky comments towards the original poster. The concept is reasonable and not outlandish. Notre Dame is going to and will always be independent. Why would they sign another exclusive contract with NBC if that wasn't the case? Essentially there are two openings in the ACC and with UCONN games on SNY the ACC would have the perfect vehicle into the NYC market. I don't know how that would fit if in the future there was an ACC Network or the GOR. I'm sure something could be worked out. Additionally, as the original poster suggested Navy gives the ACC access to the Maryland and DC markets. Navy does have a proud football tradition

Reaction Score
Navy is in Maryland but it is not of Maryland. It doesnt bring that market like University of Maryland did. It is a national school, everyone who was in the Navy and their kids likes them even if they didnt attend the academy. Trying yo make them in Michigan is crazy

Reaction Score
I don't know why people thought ND was going to join full time before the recent NBC extension. ND has always told everyone who was around since 1995 that football was never going to join any conference. People just kept refusing to believe them for some reason, I guess.

ND has no reason to join the ACC in full for football for any reason, ever, even in 2027 and beyond. They have everything they want right now, exactly the way that they wanted it.

Basketball, baseball, lacrosse, soccer, etc...in a great conference with the ACC.

Hockey in a great conference in Hockey East (with NBC Sports agreeing to televise every ND home hockey game).

Playoff access, the NBC deal, Orange Bowl/Fiesta and other "BCS type" bowl access and schedule control over seven games a year as a football independent.

Five football games (will help with late Oct. and Nov. scheduling) and minor bowl access with the ACC. This affiliation will help more with Southeast exposure and recruiting.

Access to the discussed future ACC Network as a conference member. ND is in a secure conference now with the GOR.

Some people thought that the new playoff format and conference realignment would work against ND. They were wrong. ND is set up nicely.

Why change anything? The only thing possible is if the playoffs stay only at four teams and the rule becomes conference champs only. Does anyone think that likely?

Finally, the ACC likes the ND partnership. It is not going to be issuing any ultimatums to ND.

Terry, everyone knows that the ACC thought they would get ND to join for football because ND had lead them to believe they would. They have the ACC on a string. Like they do with all of their affiliations. That is why people see ND as a hypocritical, immoral PR machine. Well that and the rapes and manslaughters.

They are almost too fake for Epcot Center.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Terry, everyone knows that the ACC thought they would get ND to join for football because ND had lead them to believe they would. They have the ACC on a string. Like they do with all of their affiliations. That is why people see ND as a hypocritical, immoral PR machine. Well that and the rapes and manslaughters.

They are almost too fake for Epcot Center.

There is no way the people who run the ACC are that stupid. They saved the league - nobody this stupid could have done that.

Reaction Score
Thank god everything is going your way. I guess I will just watch the BCS championship game again to put ND in perspective.

Was I wrong about anything that I said about ND and realignment?

Why do people keep writing about ND joining a football conference as a full member?

It is simply not going to happen.

I'd like to see UConn join the ACC for several reasons, one being that I dislike the Big Ten and would rather see UConn in the ACC than assist the Big Ten in that extortion racket called the Big Ten Network.

But laying out scenarios where ND joins full time is simply not realistic.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Was I wrong about anything that I said about ND and realignment?

Why do people keep writing about ND joining a football conference as a full member?

It is simply not going to happen.

I'd like to see UConn join the ACC for several reasons, one being that I dislike the Big Ten and would rather see UConn in the ACC than assist the Big Ten in that extortion racket called the Big Ten Network.

But laying out scenarios where ND joins full time is simply not realistic.
Your posts come across as self-congratulatory spin, rather than addressing anything else in this thread. ND isn't joining the ACC in football, everyone who was a member of the old BE gets it. It will take a while for the old ACC to figure out that they aren't a big step up in football perception-wise.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
My guess would be that if ND had continued with a string of 3-4 more seasons of mediocre football there would have been enough support from within the ND ranks to join a conference. However, the appearance in the BCS game probably killed any of those thoughts for the next decade or so. As FranktheTank pointed out in another thread no conference would try to use the playoff to force ND into a decision because the reality is that who ever they join will get a huge financial windfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom