OT: - How about some instrumentals | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: How about some instrumentals

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

He made Al Kooper put away his guitar at the Dylan Like a Rolling Stone sessions. Kooper couldn't compete with him on guitar.

Kooper later remembered him for the Super Session album.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score

FWIW, in the 1990 movie "The Freshman" there is a crazy party scene in which Bert Parks is wearing a sombrero, and he is singing and dancing while this song is playing, and when he shouts out the word, "Tequila!" I can't help but laugh. It is funny as heck and is probably the only reason why I will never forget the movie. Couldn't find a partial vid on YouTube, but there is this pic.
1596156549503.png

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
He made Al Kooper put away his guitar at the Dylan Like a Rolling Stone sessions. Kooper couldn't compete with him on guitar.

Kooper later remembered him for the Super Session album.
This reminded me of Eric Clapton's reaction to Jimi Hendrick's jamming with Cream after a perfromance. Obviously he only hung up his guitar for night but apparently it rattled him. See the video all the way through. Though the last bit is the best.

Reaction Score
Bill Pursell - Our Winter Love, got to be one of the most beautiful instrumentals I've ever heard:

Reaction Score
Earthless-Flower Travelin Man lots of useless feedback on the intro but if you like hard rock 20 minute jams this is for you the song kicks in at the 1:25 mark.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
you'll only hear words if you want to hear words, cuz they're not really there. sort of. the end goofs it up.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Deanta were a Northern Irish band who never quite made the big time, but I just love them. This tune was written by their fiddler for her wedding.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Altan definitely made the big time, although Frankie Kennedy, my favorite Irish fluter, died some time ago. This is the only recorded set I can think of that has two different versions of the same tune.

Reaction Score
Bumpin' on Sunset, written by Wes Montgomery - this version by the Oblivion Express is just flat out smooth and cool:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is an instrumental version of an old Ike and Tina song:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This one could go in the old category, as I got the original album around 45 years ago. But it's an instrumental, recorded fairly recently, and quite different from the original, which had Benny Maupin on the alto flute. This one has my new favorite bassist rockin' it. And Herbie hasn't lost a beat.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
This one could go in the old category, as I got the original album around 45 years ago. But it's an instrumental, recorded fairly recently, and quite different from the original, which had Benny Maupin on the alto flute. This one has my new favorite bassist rockin' it. And Herbie hasn't lost a beat.

This is the amazing Tal Wilkenfeld on bass. Check out the song Chameleon from the same concert. Tal played with Jeff Beck on several tours and can be seen on the excellent Jeff Beck: Live From Ronnie Scott's DVD. For those Bill Burr fans on the Boneyard, she also appeared on his podcast. Bill is an amateur drummer as well as a great comedian, and big music fan.

Reaction Score
Travelin' McCoy Tyner and Jackie McLean - it is smooth travelin' kinda jazz:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom