How about Noe Ruelas? | The Boneyard

How about Noe Ruelas?

Reaction Score
I hope the coaches have a plan for keeping both of them here for next season. But that may be difficult.
Yeah. I’m not sure how McFadden is feeling right now. A Florida school or two will be checking in with him to see if he wants to come home.

Reaction Score
He’s from Texas…
Ah. My bad. I always confuse him with the former punter, Blake Otto. Otto is from Florida. I think they committed anround the same time. Otto has moved on. Anyway, somebody is gonna come knocking on Joe’s door. He’s too good to be under the radar. Hopefully, he stays with us.

Reaction Score
Can’t forget to mention Noe is from CT.

Strong leg. So far he’s been VERY consistent. Can’t ask for more from that position.

Reaction Score
Mcfadden isn't losing his job even with Ruelas strong showing stepping in. Mcfadden has an NFL leg and that's too good to lose. Ruelas definitely stay has he's guaranteed the starting job when Mcfadden graduates

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
McFadden can punt too. Big plus. That said, I think. Ruelas has just as good a leg, or better, at PK.

Reaction Score
Mcfadden isn't losing his job even with Ruelas strong showing stepping in. Mcfadden has an NFL leg and that's too good to lose. Ruelas definitely stay has he's guaranteed the starting job when Mcfadden graduates
Seems like Noe has an NFL leg too. The kid kicks bombs with ease. That’s why us having both of them is so great.

Reaction Score
Noe should have had one more try in the 4th quarter on 4th and 6....or whatever it was....I get that Mora trusted his D but 3 more would have given me back some of the years I lost in the last few minutes down in Section 107.
No, I beleive that Mora made the right decision not going for the field goal. The risk of a blocked kick, though low, was a play that puts BC back in the game. Making BC go down the field, which they hadn't really done all day, was the best option.

Reaction Score
Thought the Mora strategy and use of the clock was masterful at the end of the game.
That's what a winning coach does.
Coach we love you and your permiating attitude.

Reaction Score
Thought the Mora strategy and use of the clock was masterful at the end of the game.
That's what a winning coach does.
Coach we love you and your permiating attitude.

I also think he didn't want to kick off to Flowers. Which we would have had to do if we made the FG.

Plus his defense was awesome all day. He put the game in their hands and it was the right move.

We're not used to a coach doing the winning thing at winning time.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Kick the FG then kick it into the end zone. A blocked FG returned for a TD would have left enough time for a pick six or another turnover to give BC the ball down 3 assuming it happened in BC FG range. That's a lot of ifs. But all of that could have happened anyway if BC was able to strike quickly and recover an onside kick and then score another TD.

Both were extremely unlikely, like 99% unlikely. Mora couldn't make a mistake here but chose the more scared option. For that reason, it was the wrong one for academic purposes.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It was a very close call, and the odds of either decision costing us the game was very low. I would have kicked there — in the NFL everyone would have kicked there — but it was a close call and I understand not kicking.
I preferred his choice, but either would’ve been ok. Getting up 2 Tds provides more comfott, but a blocked kick TD return was possible too.

Reaction Score
It was a very close call, and the odds of either decision costing us the game was very low. I would have kicked there — in the NFL everyone would have kicked there — but it was a close call and I understand not kicking.
Agreed. It thought it was an unusual decision, because with an extra 3 it takes away a quick 7 or 3 by BC which would give gave them a shot on an onsides kick and chance to tie. In fact if they made the FG, that’s where things were heading. We definitely dodged a few arrows.

Reaction Score
In addition to kicking very well, Ruelas has also made some nice tackles, at least one of which probably saved a TD. It seems like he doesn’t linger as far behind the rest of the kickoff coverage as most kickers do.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Noe should have had one more try in the 4th quarter on 4th and 6....or whatever it was....I get that Mora trusted his D but 3 more would have given me back some of the years I lost in the last few minutes down in Section 107.

No. With the way the defense was playing, no need to risk a special team miscue which BCU could turn in to a TD. BCU needed two scores. Worst case scenario is make them move the ball 70 yards and burn off clock. Now, if you want to discuss the play call on that 4th down, go ahead. But choosing to go for it versus kicking an FG was the easy choice.

Reaction Score
Kick the FG then kick it into the end zone. A blocked FG returned for a TD would have left enough time for a pick six or another turnover to give BC the ball down 3 assuming it happened in BC FG range. That's a lot of ifs. But all of that could have happened anyway if BC was able to strike quickly and recover an onside kick and then score another TD.

Both were extremely unlikely, like 99% unlikely. Mora couldn't make a mistake here but chose the more scared option. For that reason, it was the wrong one for academic purposes.
The wrong option never works.

Reaction Score
I also think he didn't want to kick off to Flowers. Which we would have had to do if we made the FG.
Flowers does not return kicks, only punts. However he should not have been returning punts, especially after his first drop. He has been an on going worry back there all year. Only drawback to his game.

Reaction Score

This is incredibly wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom