HOW ABOUT A LITTLE LOVE FOR THE ASSISTANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | The Boneyard

HOW ABOUT A LITTLE LOVE FOR THE ASSISTANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MY SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRIS DAILEY, MARISA MOSELEY, AND SHEA RALPH ON AN OUTSTANDING JOB OF COACHING AND SCOUTING, AND ALSO TO SARAH DARRAS, THE DIRECTOR OF WOMEN'S BASKETBALL ADMINISTRATION. OUR PROGRAM WOULD NOT BE WHERE IT IS TODAY IF NOT FOR THESE WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. HOW ABOUT A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE AND GRATITUDE TO THESE THREE OUTSTANDING COACHES AND FOR THE JOB SARAH HAS DONE.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Here, here!

Shea sitting down with the guards at the end of the regular season and really getting things squared away mentally, getting everybody to trust and buy in to each other - HUGE.

CD getting to the gym with Breanna when things were in a tailspin, getting her what sounded like a little solo work in, helping to rekindle that spark of confidence and looseness that we can all see Breanna needs to play with - DOUBLE HUGE. And I'm sure Marisa was just as valuable in the whole process as well.

Great job by the entire staff, as trumpeted loudly by Geno last night as well!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, let me say I wouldn't mind me some love from the assistants...

...but that creepy observation aside, it is a great staff. I remind myself that the 8 NC's belong to Geno and Chris. It doesn't happen without both of them.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
CD is indeed a big part of this, in ways that go unnoticed by many fans of the program. How many times did we see her talking to Bria Hartley on the bench this season, instructing and encouraging. And it sounds like CD played a big role in getting Breanna to play at the level we all expected. From the NY Times article:

In her first 10 games, Stewart scored more points than any previous UConn freshman. Auriemma suggested she could become the Huskies’ greatest player. But Stewart can be flighty, and she began to lose focus and confidence. An ankle injury kept her out of a regular-season victory over Louisville.

“She’s too good a shooter to miss the open shots she was getting,” said Chris Dailey, the team’s associate head coach. So Dailey and Stewart began working together in extra practice sessions, rehearsing her shooting form, making sure she set proper screens.

“We always tell them, your greatest strength is your greatest weakness,” Dailey said. “Her greatest strength is that because she’s kind of carefree, the pressures of the moment don’t impact her. At the same time, because she’s carefree, she didn’t always have the intensity she needed to finish plays and do the things she needed.”

At 18, the 6-foot-4 inch Stewart can at times still seem ungainly. She can dunk a basketball, but Dailey has jokingly called her Bambi because she can appear uncertain of her movements, like a newborn deer.

Stewart needs to be stronger and improve her balance and footwork, according to Dailey, who laughed and said, “She has the worst timing and jumping I’ve ever seen for anyone who can actually jump.”

Reaction Score
The real questions for the Marisa and Shea is will they stay or will they go for a head coaching job this year or next year. They are a big part of the program.

Reaction Score
MY SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRIS DAILEY, MARISA MOSELEY, AND SHEA RALPH ON AN OUTSTANDING JOB OF COACHING AND SCOUTING, AND ALSO TO SARAH DARRAS, THE DIRECTOR OF WOMEN'S BASKETBALL ADMINISTRATION. OUR PROGRAM WOULD NOT BE WHERE IT IS TODAY IF NOT FOR THESE WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. HOW ABOUT A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE AND GRATITUDE TO THESE THREE OUTSTANDING COACHES AND FOR THE JOB SARAH HAS DONE.
Absolutely.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The entire staff, CD on down to the managers and all of the medical and sport therapy staff did an absolutely fantastic job.

Reaction Score
Big props to the Assistants, and CD in particular. Suffice to say, if Chris Dailey had not remained with this program for these many years, I am not sure UConn would have 8 championships under their belt. CD & Geno's balancing of both their strengths/weaknesses are what has held this program together.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Special addition for Rosie the Riveter - the one that patches up all the booboos and gets the player back on the court!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom