Houston's QB D'Eriq King to Sit Out and Transfer | The Boneyard

Houston's QB D'Eriq King to Sit Out and Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Ed Oliver & D'Eriq King, back to back years. They both know the truth- you can run all the dopey ad campaigns you want, the American will never, ever, EVER, be a real big-boy league. Show a little and then get the heck out to someplace much better. Trend's been set.

Reaction Score
That’s a problem with the transfer rules and the redshirt rule. Guy is a senior and the starter and is going to sit out the rest of the season so he can transfer and play next year? What a bunch of crap. Hope UH can revoke his scholarship since he basically quit on his team. Hope this leads to some rethinking of the redshirt rule. Maybe 2 games and limited to first 2 years.

Reaction Score
Ed Oliver & D'Eriq King, back to back years. They both know the truth- you can run all the dopey ad campaigns you want, the American will never, ever, EVER, be a real big-boy league. Show a little and then get the heck out to someplace much better. Trend's been set.

Ed Oliver is in the NFL he didn't transfer. Most likely Holgerson got tough with King and he decided to quit.

Reaction Score
I have to say if I’m Holgroson I tell him you ain’t redshirting son. If you don’t want to play, clean out your locker, get out the building and don’t show your face in this facility again.

I don’t know the rules any more but it used to be if you were eligible but elected not to play for a year it was not considered a redshirt year. Sort of like why Rose only has 4 years of eligibility. I’d say he quit the team. So he already used his redshirt season. I’m also kind of wondering if this is more daddy thinking his kid will be a better meal ticket coming out of Oklahoma than Houston than it is the kid wants to transfer.

Reaction Score
I think this is great. Once we have all the kids headed to the transfer portal four games in we'll have the perfect shipshow everyone wanted. Portals to paradise for everyone.
Coaches got to jerk kids around for too long, but now I'm afraid you're right though, its gone too far in the other direction and I'm not sure this is good either. There needs to be a way to balance this. Coaches got to leave without penalty all the time, sometimes jerking kids around until signing day then bouncing.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This happened at Nebraska last year too. It’s got absolutely zero to do with the conference, King didn’t wake up this morning and say “wow I’m in the American?!”. It’s got everything to do with the new coaching staff and a shift in philosophy and culture. If anything, kudos to King for playing 4 games and not quitting on the staff back in December. I think its a win win for all involved and if more guys are leaving it just opens more scholarships for the new staff to fill.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We'll see what happens. Portal culture is here. The brakes? Lots of dudes have portal themselves to another town and another bench so...

Reaction Score
So he figures next year's team will be better than this year??!!

That's essentially a big middle finger to the rest of his fellow seniors

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I almost feel like if a player wants to sit out and redshirt so they can enter the portal, the school should then have the power to pull their scholarship.

I look at Le'Veon Bell or Melvin Gordan, they don't wanna play until they get a new deal? Well, you ain't getting paid until you suit up.

Same should go for these kids. Played a few games or none and then announced you're out? Your scholarship is gone.

This while thing has become a crap show and the NCAA and continues to be one more and more a minor league entity.

Reaction Score
I would tell him just hit the road. He is leaving after the season. If I were the coach he’d never see the field again for Houston. I’d just tell him hit the road. And I kind of hope his replacement goes 7-1 and locks up next years starting job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom