Houston's new arena is NICE and loud: Houston/Oregon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Houston's new arena is NICE and loud: Houston/Oregon

C

Chief00

You mean the concourse at Gampel? Because everything else on there is done or under construction. The new student recreation center on Hillside Road looks amazing. Supposed to be finished later this year.
This year being 2019.

Reaction Score
IS CR dead enough where we want teams from the league to do well?
I have no idea if Memphis will ever make it out of the AAC. Might require Penny Hardaway winning NCAA titles.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
IS CR dead enough where we want teams from the league to do well?
The only constant in the universe is that things change. For example check out a blog called The Boneyard and read the men’s bb forum. In the span of eight months the attitude of posters has gone from reciting dirges to singing “We are the Champions”!

Never say never. The AAC is up for a new contract. Amazon wants content. The P5 wants to limit competition. They may think it’s in their best interest to hurt conferences that are gaining momentum. UConn is one of the few remaining Universities that can bring in large numbers of viewers.

One of the P5 may take UConn in spite of its football. Look at Rutgers.

I guess there is one universal constant - UConn football. But I did change my mind.:cool:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The only constant in the universe is that things change. For example check out a blog called The Boneyard and read the men’s bb forum. In the span of eight months the attitude of posters has gone from reciting dirges to singing “We are the Champions”!

Never say never. The AAC is up for a new contract. Amazon wants content. The P5 wants to limit competition. They may think it’s in their best interest to hurt conferences that are gaining momentum. UConn is one of the few remaining Universities that can bring in large numbers of viewers.

One of the P5 may take UConn in spite of its football. Look at Rutgers.

I guess there is one universal constant - UConn football. But I did change my mind.:cool:

Problem is . The P5 could hurt the AAC more by taking UCF, Memphis, and probably even Cincinnati first.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Problem is . The P5 could hurt the AAC more by taking UCF, Memphis, and probably even Cincinnati first.
Don't disagree if the intention is to improve football for a conference. My thought is the schools with football strength might feel threatened by bringing in those universities. UConn would not pose a threat and CR would most likely give us a bump in recruiting to at least become respectable.

Much more important would be capturing viewers and UConn is one of the last remaining universities to offer a region with a lot of viewership that does not have decent competition for said viewership. Unless you consider Syracuse, Rutgers and BC worthy competitors. I don't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom