OT: - Houston, Rob Gray in to second round | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Houston, Rob Gray in to second round

Reaction Score
He's a poor man's Jimmer Fredette. I don't see him making it in the NBA. 6 foot 1 inch two guard with below average NBA athleticism.

That said I hope he carries Houston to the final four.

Nah, don't see Jimmer. Jimmer rested on defense in their zone and shot 25 foot shots. Gray can really drive and finish, has a stocky body (little like Jalen) but can really move. Plays some defense too. Maybe a poor man's Kemba. Since I have Houston, Cincy and WS all in the final 4 hope Gray can keep whatever he is doing up.

Reaction Score
This is the thread where I tell you all to go back and read that thread where I compared his junior year to Shabazz's junior year and you all crucified me for suggesting Jalen would need to improve to be as good as Gray was last year.

He had an interesting senior year, though. His 3pt shooting fell way off, but he made up the efficiency with more trips to the line and getting his teammates even more involved.

Reaction Score
Kids a player, big balls and can flat out score the ball. I watch and think eh! But then he just makes plays that lead to wins, I underrated this guy coming into this year in a huge way.

Keep repping the AAC Mr Gray!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I was sooooooooo wrong about Rob Gray. There was so much 2014 circa Shabazz Napier in that performance. Houston is the team I’ll root for the rest of the tourney. Kid is a gamer
Did I hear Bilas right or was it somebody else said with a couple of minutes left, that Gray scored 23 of the 28 second half points?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Who cares. I love all these middle age men talking about how they hate a young guy's hair. The guy can sport what ever he wants as long as he backs it up. I'm sure he gets plenty of women in college.
I will speak for myself. I am not middle age. I am senior. I am all with fashion but that style is hilarious. A bun with a burnt out part all around the head? That is his choice. He is a baller indeed. How do you know he gets many of women? One last question, how old are you? 10?

Reaction Score
This is the thread where I tell you all to go back and read that thread where I compared his junior year to Shabazz's junior year and you all crucified me for suggesting Jalen would need to improve to be as good as Gray was last year.

He had an interesting senior year, though. His 3pt shooting fell way off, but he made up the efficiency with more trips to the line and getting his teammates even more involved.
That’s the thread I was referring to when I said I was so wrong. I thought you were delusional lol. You weren’t

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Gray can drive.

Yeah, hes deceptively strong in his upper body and doesnt shy from contact and can finish through it. Guys bounce off him.

Reaction Score
I picked Houston as a sleeper as well. Loved grays game last night on the offensive end. Their defense was weak and lazy. That is what they need to worry about most. Keep the hair, stop the angry face stare down to the other teams bench and play defense. They could go far. He is not the only one on the team that can shoot.

Reaction Score
He's very good, but if they are going to win anymore games he's going to have to get some other guys involved on the offensive end.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bun or no bun - who cares and I am a 60 plus guy - Husky Bass with another "paint everything with one brush" statement.
Gray is a very good player and put that team on his back last night
Houston was not a good team last night and made a game that shouldn't have been - too close for comfort
I have them as the surprise team in my brackets and going to elite eight
I think the 3 AAC teams may show very well this year - hopefully
At least they look better than that "conference of champions" PAC12 or PAC10 or whatever Walton refers to them on any given day

Reaction Score
That ending was like a video game for Gray just chucking up shots gonna have to get guys involved against Michigan and do it early.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Their defense was weak and lazy. That is what they need to worry about most. Keep the hair, stop the angry face stare down to the other teams bench and play defense.
He's very good, but if they are going to win anymore games he's going to have to get some other guys involved on the offensive end.

If they are going to win, they have to stop fouling. I'm pretty sure SDSU guys were still getting fouled in the breakfast line this morning.

Reaction Score
I will speak for myself. I am not middle age. I am senior. I am all with fashion but that style is hilarious. A bun with a burnt out part all around the head? That is his choice. He is a baller indeed. How do you know he gets many of women? One last question, how old are you? 10?
I'm a middle age guy. Come on he is a decent looking guy and the star player.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'm a middle age guy. Come on he is a decent looking guy and the star player.

Just the status of being a star hoop player would get him laid a lot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom