Houston post game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Houston post game

Reaction Score
If this team is going to win a National Title Dangerfield is going to have to make more shots. Making layups is not going to cut it. KLS needs to find her range also but it will not be easy unless Dangerfield becomes more of a scoring threat from the field.

You mean like yesterday game? Dangerfield scored 19 points when she was only 1-9 from 3PT.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Touly was great today and I hope she will get more minutes the rest of the season. She will be needed especially if Lou is limited.

Maybe so but Geno said Touly was important because of the physicality of Houston (+ foul trouble). Geno said USF is a finesse team so perhaps Kyla may be a better fit coming off the bench on Monday.

Reaction Score
This really isn't true. You don't advance to the D-I officiating level without putting in a TON of work as an official. And most of the officials in the elite conferences are working 5-6 games per week. That's more than just "now and then."

I realize fans perpetually complain about officiating, but it's not a case of them not working hard enough.
@Plebe, I read your work often because you are factual,usually. I won't argue the succession of Refs, I would if I knew. But, today some obvious fouls occurred uncalled. Others, near fouls or usually let them play on, were called. I don't want to see the players inhibited in playing due to the calls but neither do I care to watch hockey/football games masquerading as WC Basketball.
Too often lately, as Oldude, entitled: hack a husky seems the game against Uconn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My concern on this thought is not the capabilities of trainers and doctors but the travel. I’ve had to fly with a troubled back and (I know, it wasn’t a charter) the flight set me back considerably.

Exactly so. If she flies I'd be amazed. Same experience as you @HoopsHappy, lying on the floor with my legs elevated between flights, yuck.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Absolutely the right call and maybe we make Jose' happy and end the miserable burden of never lost since the league was formed. :confused::rolleyes::oops::( And Lou would have 1 less loss than Phee! :eek:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Maybe so but Geno said Touly was important because of the physicality of Houston (+ foul trouble). Geno said USF is a finesse team so perhaps Kyla may be a better fit coming off the bench on Monday.

And Geno is correct about USF's offense. The problem USF has is its three best players will not suit up, Laksa, Jordeo and Ferriera. The Bulls have struggled to score and go through stretches of not scoring. Pehadzec and Pinzan will start at the guards. Harvey, coming off concussion protocol, comes off the bench. Septe, Henshaw and Leverett will be the front line with Radar coming off the bench. Occasionally, Rozentale subs in as forward. Pehadzec is the leading scorer, she can shoot the 3. Harvey, until the concussion was the leading scorer. Harvey can also shoot the 3.

Defensively USF plays man to man and its pretty good. They can rebound, especially Allyssa Radar. However, the do not handle tall players well and quick guards give them fits. Olivia could cause big problems for their defense. Crystal especially, and Chrystin are going to give the Bulls a lot of trouble. If we use pressure defense and get the fast break going, USF will not be able to keep up. They have no one to handle Pheesa.

We can win without Lou. It just might be closer than a 25 point margin.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And Geno is correct about USF's offense. The problem USF has is its three best players will not suit up, Laksa, Jordeo and Ferriera. The Bulls have struggled to score and go through stretches of not scoring. Pehadzec and Pinzan will start at the guards. Harvey, coming off concussion protocol, comes off the bench. Septe, Henshaw and Leverett will be the front line with Radar coming off the bench. Occasionally, Rozentale subs in as forward. Pehadzec is the leading scorer, she can shoot the 3. Harvey, until the concussion was the leading scorer. Harvey can also shoot the 3.

Defensively USF plays man to man and its pretty good. They can rebound, especially Allyssa Radar. However, the do not handle tall players well and quick guards give them fits. Olivia could cause big problems for their defense. Crystal especially, and Chrystin are going to give the Bulls a lot of trouble. If we use pressure defense and get the fast break going, USF will not be able to keep up. They have no one to handle Pheesa.

I was wondering where USF pregame analysis was hiding! In the Houston Post-Game of course!

Reaction Score
Phee was phenomenal, as usual.

I feel for Lou--missing the NC game as a freshman and missing half of Senior Day.

Danger was aggressive for the most part. She's really good!

I thought Christyn played more aggressively today.

Meg rebounded well but should have taken more shots.

Both Liv and Touly contributed. That was a lot of minutes for Touly.
My take on Chrystn Williams, I love her, is that she lays back a bit and defers to the Seniors. But when they are having issue she digs in a give it her all. The kid has game but at times reluctant to show it. I'd be happy if she got those 3 point shots more often and drives more often. Next year she'll show her stuff.

Reaction Score

I'm unhappy Laska or Ferriera won't play. I enjoy Ferriera watching. She is a Geno kind a kid. The energizer bunny on steroids.

Reaction Score
Maryland and Baylor were in the same boat and I assume they didn’t lose one of their top scorers during the game, although I can’t say for sure
Often in the Senior day games you get 2 kinds of results: The team rips up the opponents or the total team is so wrapped up in Senior night the opponents run rampant. This was a double big Senior night in that the Seniors both had their number hung on the WALL OF HONOR up there Near LOBO.

Reaction Score
Tracking Samuelson & Collier as they try to pass #3 Tina Charles (2346) on the UConn career scoring list.

They began the season with: Lou 1712 points / Phee 1609 (per the 2018-2019 UConn media guide - page 70)

They began the day with: Lou 2248 TCP - Phee 2169 TCP (total career points).

They are currently ranked #4 (Lou) and #5 (Pheesa) on the career scoring list through the Houston game.

Today - Lou scored 11 pts + 2248 = 2259 Lou needs 88 pts to surpass Charles.
Today - Pheesa scored 29 pts +2169 = 2198 Phee needs 149.

Assuming they have 8 games left (through the regional finals), Lou must average 11.0 ppg to surpass Charles. Collier needs to average 18.6 (19) ppg.

Games left - @ USF March 4 - Assuming: 3 AAC conference tournament games - 4 games in the NCAA tournament.

View attachment 40407
I think totally doable for both of them.

Reaction Score
\

When I watched Camara in today's game I thought: this young lady just earned more PT with the starting 5. She rebounded, mixed it ups well under the boards AND when needed she CAN shoot. I was favorably impressed. ONO, foul troubles and all, worked hard, showed moves, and did herself proud. Coombs, someone named her the DISRUPT-ER: That is an apt moniker!
New term for the current defense against the Huskies: HACK A HUSKY DEFENSE

New term but old defense for some teams. Are some coaches too unalented or lazy to teach the foundations of basketball.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
@Plebe, I read your work often because you are factual,usually. I won't argue the succession of Refs, I would if I knew. But, today some obvious fouls occurred uncalled. Others, near fouls or usually let them play on, were called. I don't want to see the players inhibited in playing due to the calls but neither do I care to watch hockey/football games masquerading as WC Basketball.
Too often lately, as Oldude, entitled: hack a husky seems the game against Uconn.
I wasn't addressing the grievances about how this specific game was officiated. My only point is that, whatever the grievances are, the explanation is not that the officials don't work hard or don't care about their job. If anything, much has been written and opined about how college BB officials are possibly overworked during the season, with very few days off, and how they may experience fatigue as a result.

Reaction Score
This really isn't true. You don't advance to the D-I officiating level without putting in a TON of work as an official. And most of the officials in the elite conferences are working 5-6 games per week. That's more than just "now and then."

I realize fans perpetually complain about officiating, but it's not a case of them not working hard enough.
I guess opinions vary. I have a neighbor and a friend, both of whom are top D1 refs and do the big games-Duke, Louisville, etc. They both do 1-2 games a week and have commented that, as you might think, the top men's officials get the top games. Both feel that women's officiating is spotty with individual refs skills varying widely. At the end of the day, we all have to apply our own tests based on what we see. Having seen many, many hacks not called yesterday, seems like the refs believed they needed to let the women play on (I'm being tactful).

Reaction Score
Back spasms can range from a mild twinge to an almost crippling major spasm. The muscle relaxer is a must. When I get one, after taking a muscle relaxer, and a pain pill. I apply some BENGAY and sit down. Rest and medication is the quickest way to recover. I've had them so severe, I could not stand up straight immediately after.

Lou will also have trainers at her disposal for therapy rubs and messages that will also help. The fact that she tried to play in the second half suggests it was a minor injury. The more rest she gets, the faster she’ll heal. She’ll probably be a game time decision. It would not surprise me to see her play Monday, although I don’t believe they need her to defeat USF. Note - USF (16-3/7-8) lost on the road today @ Cincinnati today 57-43.
Scoop, second all your thoughts on spasms and want to add that sometimes the muscle relaxers and Advil have a secondary benefit on other body parts. Since Lou has had her shoulder and ankle taped and braced off and on throughout the year, hoping her therapy helps her overall physical well being and performance.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm unhappy Laska or Ferriera won't play. I enjoy Ferriera watching. She is a Geno kind a kid. The energizer bunny on steroids.

Since Laksa went down with an ACL, she has not been seen at a game. Nobody knows why. Jordeo and Ferriera will be on the bench.

Reaction Score
My fear now is that the refs are going to be "looking" at Touly when she enters the game. For some reason it has always appeared to me that when a "big" reserve player enters the game that certain refs call the game differently, calling fouls that were overlooked before or just calling ticky tack fouls. I felt this way when we had Natalie and then with Azura and this season with Olivia.
It is almost as if the refs can never believe a great defensive play is possible in women's BB. So they call a foul on any play that " get's thwarted" in a one on one circumstance.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Since Laksa went down with an ACL, she has not been seen at a game. Nobody knows why. Jordeo and Ferriera will be on the bench.
Inquiring minds want to know?

Reaction Score
Hopefully the injury to Lou is not serious and she will be back for the South Florida Game. UCONN absolutely needs Lou for the rest of the season.
USF game should be a win without KLS. As one who knows the pain of back problems Lou needs physical therapy more than UConn needs her for the USF game. Lou needs to be 100% for the tournament, my opinion is hold her out of the USF game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I am not 100% certain that Lou will play tomorrow at USF, I’m reasonably certain that Lou will be in Tampa tomorrow with her teammates, and after two days of therapy & rehab, it will be a “game time decision” whether or not she plays.

Lou being Lou, she will pester Geno relentlessly to let her play. As I commented previously, this is the same person who played with a broken foot, black eye and puke bucket at the end of the bench.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
While I am not 100% certain that Lou will play tomorrow at USF, I’m reasonably certain that Lou will be in Tampa tomorrow with her teammates, and after two days of therapy & rehab, it will be a “game time decision” whether or not she plays.

Lou being Lou, she will pester Geno relentlessly to let her play. As I commented previously, this is the same person who played with a broken foot, black eye and puke bucket at the end of the bench.
I heard she is going with team.
On the post game interview, posted on somewhere on the BY, she didnt seem to be in distress or obvious pain.
Hey nobody told Bobby Baun not to take another shift for the Leafs in the 64 playoffs

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Inquiring minds want to know?

We have season tickets. Talking to people very close to the program, nobody is saying anything. And the university is not obligated to make any statement due to privacy laws.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom