Houston/Oregon St + Baylor/Arkansas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Houston/Oregon St + Baylor/Arkansas

Reaction Score
Would be exciting for Huskies next season if they could get into their offensive sets as quickly as Baylor did/does. Talk about putting pressure on the defense.

Impressive bunch of athletes top to bottom on their roster.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not to open a can of worms, but ...

Do you think Hurley noticed that Oregon St. went to an effective 1-3-1 zone when they were getting killed playing man against Houston?

He said he is looking to steal things. I sure wish he'd steal that.

As for the games. All season long three teams looked good. Gonzaga, Baylor and then Michigan. Nobody else was clearly on that level. With Houston we couldn't tell. I thought injuries might knock Michigan out, but it looks like all 3 will be in the final four.

Reaction Score
Not to open a can of worms, but ...

Do you think Hurley noticed that Oregon St. went to an effective 1-3-1 zone when they were getting killed playing man against Houston?
That was a great coaching adjustment which Houston really struggled to adapt to. The Z word is not a certain person’s repertoire .

Reaction Score
This new idea that we were a bad team now is freaking hilarious. We defintely couldve made a run with Houston's bracket. If we played Maryland 10 times we win at least 5 imo. We had a bad night
Yeah, just like we would beat Creighton 5 out of 10, except we lost the 1st 3.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
That was a great coaching adjustment which Houston really struggled to adapt to. The Z word is not a certain person’s repertoire .
In medicine/orthopaedic surgery we say (of some surgeons who I won't name) that when you have only a hammer everything looks like a nail. That applies in many situations. You need lots of tools in your toolbox to deal with situations that may arise. You may not want to play a zone, ever, but you need to have one that you can use effectively against certain teams that have one or more guys shredding your man D. I would argue to practice 2 different ones - maybe a 1-3-1 trapping D, and also a matchup zone.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I’m somewhat surprised we don’t extend our pressure even if it isn’t necessarily to force turnovers. If anything, picking up 3/4 court or falling into a half court 1-3-1 before going to man like OSU did helps bleed 10 seconds or so off the shot clock and shortens the amount of time you “really” have to defend for. Plus there’s still a chance you can get some easy buckets via the extended pressure, which given our offensive woes at times, would seem like a good thing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom