Houston loss last year New Years Eve | The Boneyard

Houston loss last year New Years Eve

Is this worse than the Houston loss last year?

• Yes

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not as bad: Yale is a better team than Houston was; and we were creamed in that game
Worse: The KO press conference indicates a team in a chemistry free fall

But, I'm casting a "no" because the loss last year completely ruined my new years eve

Reaction Score
100% yes. UConn had won 68 straight games against in-state opponents. UConn had won 44 straight non-conference games in Gampel, and then just lost two in a row.

Houston loss sucked, but this is worse.

Reaction Score
We got curbstomped for a half @Houston and made a nice run to get back in it. And it was on the road. I'm not in the "Sky is falling right now" camp, but this was worse and it's not close.

Reaction Score
Coming off two losses, including one that played out almost exactly like this one (so that we could all stare at the left corner and see the shooter streaking open for a game-winning three-point opportunity, like some kind of recurring nightmare), you'd think this would be worse than Houston. That's three losses in a row, after all.

Maybe it is worse, empirically. I can't remember the last time we lost on two consecutive buzzer-beaters. And it's Yale. At home. Yeesh. It's like coming home to discover that all your pipes are leaking, and 200 pigeons have nested in your living room (just like losing to any other team in Connecticut should make us feel).

But Ollie has proven he can coach this team to an NC. That's a very different place from where we were after UConn lost to Houston on New Year's Eve. For all we knew then, UConn's elite years had come to an end, to be replaced with AAC mediocrity. Now, as bad as this feels, we still have reason to believe that KO will turn this around.

So, I think Houston was actually worse. I don't feel like the program might be slipping away. The team just sucks at the moment.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Yale is significantly better than last year's Houston club...however, the loss at home, being our third in-a-row does sting quite a bit.

Reaction Score
Dear Hairy Husky: The current version of sleddogs does not care if they lose at home or away or at neutral venues. This sledteam tries to win, but only is able to bite bone as all sleddogs like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom