Houston defeats Georgia Tech in wild 2OT game | The Boneyard

Houston defeats Georgia Tech in wild 2OT game

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So it turns out that playing Cal down to the wire in Berkeley may not have been a fluke.

Make no mistake, this is a huge win for UH (and by extension the AAC). To score a victory over an ACC team that's been knocking on the door of NCAA at-large consideration is no small feat.

Houston built a double-digit lead while outscoring GT 24-6 in the 2nd quarter, and then lost all of that lead and then some in the 2nd half. The Cougars needed a 3-pointer by Jasmyne Harris with 0:01 on the clock to force overtime. It then took another buzzer-beater to keep UH alive at the end of the 1st overtime, this on on a putback by Alyssa Okoene (redshirt-sophmore transfer from North Carolina, who finished tied with Harris for a game-high 26 points).

Georgia Tech shot 58% from the field but coughed up 41(!) turnovers to Houston's pressure defense. Houston shot only 38% but took 22 more shots than Georgia Tech.

Georgia Tech vs. Houston - Box Score - November 9, 2018 - ESPN

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of Houston’s players was 8-30 from the field and 4-19 from 3. That’s a lot of shots. All of Tech’s players shot great percentage-wise, but 6 of their players had between 4 and 8 turnovers. They are also very young - starting 2 freshmen, 2 sophomores, and a junior.

Very impressive win for Houston. Wish the also pulled of the Cal upset.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I kept track of the game via the gamecast... I was Head bang at the end of regulation and the first OT. Tech seemingly had the game won in regulation but their guard turned it over with about 3 seconds left Head bang

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I kept track of the game via the gamecast... I was Head bang at the end of regulation and the first OT. Tech seemingly had the game won in regulation but their guard turned it over with about 3 seconds left Head bang
That sounds too familiar! :(

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Bama WCBB ???
No. I am watching Bama football playing Miss St. Flashed back to Saniya turnover a few years ago! Bama women at 3-0.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No. I am watching Bama football playing Miss St. Flashed back to Saniya turnover a few years ago!

Your boys better watch out for opening game in Atlanta next year :mad:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Your boys better watch out for opening game in Atlanta next year :mad:
You know that is a football game right? Does your school have a football team? You know, like with helmets ,and pads and stuff?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom