Houston Cougars Basketball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Houston Cougars Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It was on a neutral court in Las Vegas. Grand Canyon is a for profit university that is transitioning to DI. Although they are the best team in the WAC, they are ineligible for the NCAA Tournament. They are coached by former NBA player Dan Majerle.

Louisville beat them by about 50.

They're not good.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Grand Canyon should get a waiver. They should be ncaa eligible.

Reaction Score
The one mildly interesting thing about the AAC being as bad as it is is that SMU could run up some gaudy win totals. They'll likely be favored in every game between now and when they come to Hartford on 2/18. It's within the realm of possibility that they could be undefeated at that point.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Just walloped Temple in Philly today. Who knows what to make of this team- they seem to be the Jekyll and Hyde team of this year.

Reaction Score
Just walloped Temple in Philly today. Who knows what to make of this team- they seem to be the Jekyll and Hyde team of this year.
Dunphy needs to go. As I've stated before, getting better coaches at Temple, and Memphis, and the continued improvement at Houston will solve many of the problems with this league. Won't make it the ACC, but it would be a damn tough league.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I hate Jekyll and Hyde teams. They always to go full on Hyde against UCONN.

Reaction Score
I hate Jekyll and Hyde teams. They always to go full on Hyde against UCONN.
Didn't Tulsa beat us by like 15 there and lose by like 30 here last year? Very J&H. I suppose we were too last year though

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Didn't Tulsa beat us by like 15 there and lose by like 30 here last year? Very J&H. I suppose we were too last year though

Last year UCONN was half baked, and no one wanted to admit it until 3/4 of the year was through. It was a function of losing Bazz, Daniels, Giffey, and Kromah; Not bringing in a ton of talent; and Purvis being in his 1st yr post transfer.

Jekyll and Hyde teams just don't help the conference. A bad conference needs to be top heavy, without everyone beating each other up.

Reaction Score
Lots of physical schools also offer online degrees these days.
Oh really? Had no clue. Didn't 5hink they offered only online degrees as my post implied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom