House of Champions - Video Tour of Burton Family Football Complex | The Boneyard

House of Champions - Video Tour of Burton Family Football Complex

Reaction Score
Cool video and awesome facilities. It's mind boggling to think that there are better facilities out there, but I bet there are dozens of them.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Ask the coaches who have been around and this facility is still better than Notre Dame's and the Cincinnati Bengals. It might pale versus Clemson and Alabama, but it lacks nothing. Too bad Connor couldn't show the shoe disinfectant cubby at each locker. As a matter of fact, he trying to be funny took away from how great the facilities really are.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Cool video and awesome facilities. It's mind boggling to think that there are better facilities out there, but I bet there are dozens of them.
Crazy that they're better facilities, but this one is top notch..

Reaction Score
Crazy that they're better facilities, but this one is top notch..
There aren't necessarily better facilities from a practical standpoint. This one has everything to get results on the field, but the trophy room or the game room for the players to hangout in could be better and bigger at other places. Or the parents of the players get a lounge area before games or extra things like that. So this provides 99%+ of the value that actually matters.

Reaction Score
They already put out a facilities video a year ago. I figure this was meant to be a more interactive walk through with some commentary than a cut and dry tour since what they put out last year already covered the basics.

It's nice to get more insight into these places we can't go and look forward to coverage of the rest of the facilities on campus.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone hates him. He is too vanilla to hate. But he's not funny. He obviously think he's funny. But his attempts at humor are lame.
Agreed. He may have been trying to "jazz up" what he believes may come across as dry and dull to non-football fans without overhyping it to knowledgeable fans.

Reaction Score
I went through our facilities with Sio back in the day.

I've also been through Northwestern's (last year) and MSU's this year as my son was a trainer for these programs.

My comments:

• UCONN's facilities overall are better
  • Northwestern's are eye-popping because they are new and they are right on Lake Michigan - and their indoor facility is on the second floor of a building - which is insane. But their cafeteria/weight room area is much smaller - think the UCONN facility is laid out better. But Northwestern's is much "cooler" - just given where it is, etc.
  • MSU looks great from the outside - but behind the scenes it isn't great. They have to cater all of their food - they don't have kitchens/nutrition area. Even with the $67M improvement project they aren't building that out. So they will continue to have to cater all of their meals. The only locker rooms (for now) are in the stadium, so the players leave their stuff around the outside of the indoor practice facility - a bad look. Not sure how any recruit looks at that and feels "big time". It will be better after the renovation, but most of the people I talked to there think it doesn't go far enough. Especially when they are paying the coach $95M/10 years.
    • And even worse - the gym is in the far end of the indoor facility in one of the end zones. They are building a new gym as part of the reno...but not a great look.

It is really cool to go through facilities in detail - have tons of pictures. But was disappointed in MSU given all of the B1G money.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom