Hotels in Philadelphia | The Boneyard

Hotels in Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If the Eagles get a home playoff game 1st round a couple of friends were thinking of going down and spending a couple nights in the city. Any recommendations or specific areas I should be on the look out for?
I know absolutely nothing of Philly, so any help would be great.

Reaction Score
Look in Center City. That area is loaded with good bars and restaurants. The tourist spots are walking distance and you can hop a SEPTA train and it's one straight shot.

I don't know what you're looking to spend and I usually get a corporate rate and can recommend:

Sofitel
Radisson Blu Warwick
Hotel Palomar

If you end up going, let me know and I can get you some good eating/drinking spots.

Reaction Score
Westin in Center city is very good. Chestnut / Walnut St restaurants right there. The concr will know the details.

Also try City Tavern at 2nd and Walnut, a national historic site. The founding fathers hit this place after deliberations at Independence Hall in 1776. Initials in the tables. Olde fare, and waiters in historical garb. My wife likes the beer flight which includes beers as brewed by Washington, Jefferson, et al

http://www.citytavern.com/

Reaction Score
A stop by Tommy DiNics is an absolute must.

http://tommydinics.com/index.html

It's a religious food experience.

3999845860_89218d4329_z.jpg

Reaction Score
Live in center city as well. Send me a message for recs.

Reaction Score
Look in Center City. That area is loaded with good bars and restaurants. The tourist spots are walking distance and you can hop a SEPTA train and it's one straight shot.

I don't know what you're looking to spend and I usually get a corporate rate and can recommend:

Sofitel
Radisson Blu Warwick
Hotel Palomar

If you end up going, let me know and I can get you some good eating/drinking spots.

Palomar is a good spot….stayed there a couple years ago, plenty of walking distance pubs and bars…...

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
For the love of god, DO NOT go to Geno's or Pat's. Both are horrible. For roast pork or a chicken cutlet with broccoli rabe I like Tony Luke's on 2nd and Oregon. There was also John's Roast Pork on Snyder near Delaware Ave - but I haven't lived in Philly in 7 years so I don't know if that's still the place. Both Tony and John's will require a car.

Are you planning on attending the Birds game (assuming they crush Dallas today)? I doubt tickets will be available - but I suppose stubhub is a possibility. I might sell my tickets too depending on the day (its a pain to drive up and back from DC) - but if I do my tickets are in the upper deck.

Just a place that has a good cheesesteak or roasted pork sandwich.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call pats horrible. I don't like genos though. Pats is great drunken end of the night food at 3:00 am a cheese steak "with" and an order of cheese fries hits the spot. Gourmet food? No. But everyone should experience pats at least once.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Any good food/drink spots near Penn's Landing?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call pats horrible. I don't like genos though. Pats is great drunken end of the night food at 3:00 am a cheese steak "with" and an order of cheese fries hits the spot. Gourmet food? No. But everyone should experience pats at least once.

Disagree. Genos and Pats are both horrible unless you're wasted and, in that state, just go to a Denny's. Jim's Steaks is a few blocks over from Genos and Pats and is the only steak joint with a beer license. Go there instead.

Reaction Score
CTBasketball said:
Any good food/drink spots near Penn's Landing?

Tons. Walk over the foot bridge to market street and you have plenty of options. I had friends stay at the holiday inn express on Columbus last weekend for the eagles game and we made the walk over both nights.

Plus campo's is there too for another cheesesteak option.

Reaction Score
Definetly go to Jims Steak's, also check out Reading Terminal market, South street has a lot of cool funky stores.

Reaction Score
Stayed at the inn at penn and thought it was good. Highly recommend Pod, an Asian place near there.

Reaction Score
Inn at Penn, Hilton prop, really nice. Take 36th st trolley into downtown.

Palomar is nice.

Focus on those two.

Reaction Score
Pat's Steaks is freaking awesome. Do not listen to any of these critics. Just go and enjoy what is truly a landmark spot.

Reaction Score
Recently stayed at the Sheraton Society Hill and had a great cheese steak at Campo's. Highly recommend both! Lots of good bars / restaurants in the area. Ate at Cuba Libre which was good and had a pint at the Plough and Stars which was a pretty cool Irish pub.

Reaction Score
If the Eagles get a home playoff game 1st round a couple of friends were thinking of going down and spending a couple nights in the city. Any recommendations or specific areas I should be on the look out for?
I know absolutely nothing of Philly, so any help would be great.

When I travel to Philly for biz I stay at the Sheraton on race st. Newly remodeled great gym and very reasonable. Usually about 140-170/ night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom