Hotel and restaurants walking distance to XL center | The Boneyard

Hotel and restaurants walking distance to XL center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking for hotel and restaurants within walking distance to the XL Center. My wife can only walk short distances a block or two without resting are there any hotels that close?

Reaction Score
Yes. Right next door is the Hilton, which also has a restaurant-- and there's a skywalk from the hotel directly into the XL Center, if I'm not mistaken.

I wouldn't guess that it's Hartford's finest hotel, but it surely is the closest.

There's also the Residence Inn on Main Street, which is a block+ away, though it's a long block.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looking for hotel and restaurants within walking distance to the XL Center. My wife can only walk short distances a block or two without resting are there any hotels that close?
Across the street: Hilton (cafe), The Russell (Bistro), Max Downtown (expensive), & Agave (Mexican, west of the XL Center). Within 200-300 ft.: On Pratt Street Sunberry (inexpensive Thai), Siam (inexpensive Thai), Vaughans (Bar with Irish food). On Trumbull, Trumbull Kitchen. On Asylum, Fengs (expensive Asian) & Subway. And on Allyn west of the XL Center, Aladdin Halal (Ethiopian).

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Good news - Goodwin Hotel will reopen next year. One block away.

Reaction Score
Good news - Goodwin Hotel will reopen next year. One block away.
Yes, the Goodwin is being renovated now and will probably be considered the best hotel in downtown Hartford when it reopens. Until then, the Marriott, about 5 blocks from the XL Center, is considered the best with the Hilton, connected to the XL Center, as a close second.

Reaction Score
Yes. Right next door is the Hilton, which also has a restaurant-- and there's a skywalk from the hotel directly into the XL Center, if I'm not mistaken.

I wouldn't guess that it's Hartford's finest hotel, but it surely is the closest.

There's also the Residence Inn on Main Street, which is a block+ away, though it's a long block.
I stayed at the Hilton for years during the Big East tourney and besides sharing breakfast with "Q" or an elevator with Kim Barnes-Arrico and her kids going to the pool, I found it unbelievably convenient. And just fine (comfortable,moderately priced) as a hotel !!

Reaction Score
Completely under the radar is the outstanding restaurant at the newly-renovated Wadsworth Athenaeum, about 1/2 mile from the XL Center. Plus, you get to see some of the greatest art in New England.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

not that long... just up "beautiful Pratt Street"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01