Hot water at the Rent | The Boneyard

Hot water at the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had almost forgot about this until I was checking forecast for Saturday, but did anyone else notice that the cold water was shut off in the bathrooms during the Stony Brook game. This has happened in the past, generally anytime the temps are above 80, and it's really BS. Sucks that they're only concerned with selling $4 bottles of water, and god forbid someone refill it in the bathroom sink. I personally had no intention of doing that, but practically burned my hands washing them. Someone needs to put a stop to this nonsense.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I had almost forgot about this until I was checking forecast for Saturday, but did anyone else notice that the cold water was shut off in the bathrooms during the Stony Brook game. This has happened in the past, generally anytime the temps are above 80, and it's really BS. Sucks that they're only concerned with selling $4 bottles of water, and god forbid someone refill it in the bathroom sink. I personally had no intention of doing that, but practically burned my hands washing them. Someone needs to put a stop to this nonsense.
The water in the bathroom sinks at Rentschler has always been hot. There are bubblers at the Rent to refill water bottles, but deity forbid a "natural spring" water bottle be refilled from the tap.

A bigger issue for me was being charged me $4 for a cup of ice for my over heating 2 year old and took their sweet time doing it. Alas $4 is a small price to pay considering the alternative is potentially an ambulance trip to the emergency room.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
The water in the bathroom sinks at Rentschler has always been hot. There are bubblers at the Rent to refill water bottles, but deity forbid a "natural spring" water bottle be refilled from the tap. A bigger issue for me was being charged me $4 for a cup of ice for my over heating 2 year old and took their sweet time doing it. Alas $4 is a small price to pay considering the alternative is potentially an ambulance trip to the emergency room.

The firemen you see around the stadium can help you out with such things... Without a fee.

Reaction Score
It happens every season: there's only hot water in the bathroom sinks during hot weather and only cold water in the bathroom sinks during the cold weather.

There are water fountains outside the ladies' room near section 123. I refilled my lemonade cup and water bottle (both purchased at the game) several times. The water was fine, no issues.

Reaction Score
The thing I was amazed by at the Rent this week is there is a working pay phone near Gate D.
Noticed the same thing... they are not old phones eithet

Reaction Score
It happens every season: there's only hot water in the bathroom sinks during hot weather and only cold water in the bathroom sinks during the cold weather.

There are water fountains outside the ladies' room near section 123. I refilled my lemonade cup and water bottle (both purchased at the game) several times. The water was fine, no issues.

You just have to laugh at the strategies for making money and people miserable that the folks in charge come up with. Reminds me of an old Far Side comic showing 2 poor souls in Hell holding cups and the caption was " They've thought of everything, the coffee is cold".

Reaction Score
I drank water from the water fountian last Saturday. Sounds crazy, I guess.
Wow, thanks for pointing out that there are water fountains to drink out of, but you're missing the point. I guess it's my fault for making this a separate thread, because it could have easily gone in one of the numerous ones about putting fans in the seats, enhancing the game day experience, etc. When we as fans are told "Come to the Rent, we need you there", and then something as petty as turning off the cold water in the bathroom is done so that a handful of people out of 23,000 don't refill a water bottle, it just doesn't make sense. It could just as easily be the tailgating rules, the traffic, the growling dogs thing, or the bird poop on the bleachers, take your pick, and forget about the hot water if you wish, but there are numerous things that are going to turn people off, especially the casual fan, from attending games. Look, I've been attending UConn football games since I was a student there in the 80's, have been going to the Rent since it opened, and haven't missed a home game in 7 years, so I'm going regardless, but can they make the atmosphere more appealing to the people who may or may not come back.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Wow, thanks for pointing out that there are water fountains to drink out of, but you're missing the point. I guess it's my fault for making this a separate thread, because it could have easily gone in one of the numerous ones about putting fans in the seats, enhancing the game day experience, etc. When we as fans are told "Come to the Rent, we need you there", and then something as petty as turning off the cold water in the bathroom is done so that a handful of people out of 23,000 don't refill a water bottle, it just doesn't make sense. It could just as easily be the tailgating rules, the traffic, the growling dogs thing, or the bird poop on the bleachers, take your pick, and forget about the hot water if you wish, but there are numerous things that are going to turn people off, especially the casual fan, from attending games. Look, I've been attending UConn football games since I was a student there in the 80's, have been going to the Rent since it opened, and haven't missed a home game in 7 years, so I'm going regardless, but can they make the atmosphere more appealing to the people who may or may not come back.
You have a point about the stadium experience, but in the bathrooms there's only one faucet per sink and it's motion censored. The hot water in the bathrooms serves a specific purpose in as much as since I was a kid, the recommendation has been to wash your hands with warm soapy water. The fact that most guys (including myself) typically run their hands under cold water for about 2 seconds with no soap - and most of the time only the afflicted hand, if at all - is not relevant to that intended purpose.

Lieutenant Danny Roman:...A Marine and a sailor are taking a piss... The Marine goes to leave without washing up... The sailor says, "In the Navy... they teach us to wash our hands... The Marines turn to him and says...
Omar: [in sync with Danny Roman] "... in the Marines they teach us not to piss on our hands..."

Reaction Score
I'm a hand washer, little bit of OCD, and I've only noticed the extreme temp of the water during hot weather games; talking HOT, not warm. Another friend who is also a season ticket holder mentioned it, independently, on Monday, but it could be coincidence. I personally didn't try the water fountains, but remember people complaining in the past of them not working all the time. Anyways, GO UCONN!!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not one to dismiss conspiracy theories out of hand. But I'm not buying the contention that they turned off the cold water in the bathrooms to induce people to buy bottled water.

Reaction Score
I'm not one to dismiss conspiracy theories out of hand. But I'm not buying the contention that they turned off the cold water in the bathrooms to induce people to buy bottled water.
There's always a distinct possibility that I'm wrong, but I'll still being wearing my foil hat on Saturday...heard the government has satellites over the Rent.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well if they didn't (and I'd guess they did), they will now that the idea is out there...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is nothing we will not complain about.

And a general health tip - don't drink the water in a public bathroom. We don't need a ten-page thread about dysentery next week.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A bigger issue for me was being charged me $4 for a cup of ice for my over heating 2 year old and took their sweet time doing it. Alas $4 is a small price to pay considering the alternative is potentially an ambulance trip to the emergency room.

Toddlers do not handle heat as efficiently as an older kid - if it's as warm as it was on Saturday, best bet is to leave them home.

Use doggy gates to confine them to one room and leave a box of cereal in there with 'em - turn the tv to Sprout and they won't even know you're gone.

Reaction Score
I've heard they are hiring squeegee men at the entrances for the remainder of the year.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Toddlers do not handle heat as efficiently as an older kid - if it's as warm as it was on Saturday, best bet is to leave them home.

Use doggy gates to confine them to one room and leave a box of cereal in there with 'em - turn the tv to Sprout and they won't even know you're gone.
It wasn't supposed to be that hot according to Accuweather, and it wasn't until the sun came out. Though 76 degrees at 7:15 in the morning should have been a clue.

Given your second sentence, I'll take your suggestion to leave my son behind as a joke, but he may have preferred to watch a Calliou marathon (I need earplugs for that show though). Luckily we sit on the press box side of the stadium and it was fairly breezy out of the sun under the second level.

All in all, he had a good time before he went down for his nap and he's coming this week as well. The high is not predicted to approach last weekend, even last Saturday at 7:15am...

Husky25

Reaction Score
There is nothing we will not complain about.

I loved the addition of the Recycle Girls..

...Though Palatine may complain that they are 1) taking hard earned nickels from a deserving "bottle redeemer" and/or 2) denying his Constitutional right to throw aluminum and glass into the trash can (even though the U.S. Constitution doesn't cover solid waste disposal).

Of course I mean that in jest...partially. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom