Hot Take | The Boneyard

Hot Take

Reaction Score
The ball movement continues to be a problem, roles are still not totally defined, & too much catching and standing. Hopefully this improves & they can start playing more as a team in sync offensively. The assist to turnover ratio continues to exemplify above.

I know it’s hard to swallow a loss like this but, again I think we have to remember it takes years to build a program that forms a winning culture, as obviously we saw with Calhoun. I think Hurley’s resume speaks for itself & I believe he is the guy who will make it happen...

#trusttheprocess

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The ball movement continues to be a problem, roles are still not totally defined, & too much catching and standing. Hopefully this improves & they can start playing more as a team in sync offensively. The assist to turnover ratio continues to exemplify above.

I know it’s hard to swallow a lose like this but, Again I think we have to remember it takes years to build a program that forms a winning culture, as obviously we saw with Calhoun. I think Hurley’s resume speaks for itself & I believe he is the guy who will make it happen...

#trusttheprocess

Disappointing loss today. Adams is bad right now. When he's not playing well, he goes in tank. Vital, with all of his warts, plays incredibly hard.

I love him and I know he's the right guy for the job...but Hurley got taken to school by Wrght today.

Remember...this season is a success with an NIT bid. Anything else is gravy.

Reaction Score
I question how much Jalen is really enjoying basketball right now
Doesn’t seem like he is at all. Jalen coming in had confidence and moxy. He’s lost all of that. He’s a shell of himself right now

Reaction Score

I know it’s hard to swallow a lose like this but, Again I think we have to remember it takes years to build a program that forms a winning culture, as obviously we saw with Calhoun. I think Hurley’s resume speaks for itself & I believe he is the guy who will make it happen...

#trusttheprocess
Is this our 2nd twenty point blowout?
Last year how many?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Jalen has never really been the guy, personality wise, that this board has wanted and expected him to be since day 1.

If I could put it in a simple sentence, Jalen cares more about his current Instagram posts than he does his legacy here, sometimes it just be like that.

Reaction Score
The only huge disappointment I have with Hurley for now is his acceptance of Jalen's crappy play. He sees too many minutes for a guy who is crapping himself in big games and doesn't seem engaged as a senior leader should be. It's laughable the league coached believe he's a first teamer. He's yet to get in his mans face when playing D, rolls up his pants like he's ready to play D but never makes his guy go one way or the other. Was hoping for more than we are seeing but never expected even less than his 1st 3 years he's awful.

Reaction Score
Even if Jalen is in a funk he's still much better than the replacement

Reaction Score
The only huge disappointment I have with Hurley for now is his acceptance of Jalen's crappy play. He sees too many minutes for a guy who is crapping himself in big games and doesn't seem engaged as a senior leader should be. It's laughable the league coached believe he's a first teamer. He's yet to get in his mans face when playing D, rolls up his pants like he's ready to play D but never makes his guy go one way or the other. Was hoping for more than we are seeing but never expected even less than his 1st 3 years he's awful.
It's also my biggest gripe with Hurley, there have now been a few games where Jalen should have been benched.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Bench Jalen for who exactly? Branden Adams?

Reaction Score
The point is Jalen is allowed to play totally aloof out there and never sits. He should give us the best chance to win but the message is Jalen can do whatever he wants, in recent games he hasn't even given us the best chance to win. Cobb gives us a better chance to win a game like today than Carlton does but Cobb for whatever reason is in the doghouse.

You would just like consistency in how the messages are sent, my guess is Hurley knows he can't sit Jalen because he's too fragile snd will check out even more than he already has.

Reaction Score
A message needs to be sent to Jalen. I don’t know how but today was unacceptable. We were better without him on the court
Positive spin zone... the other guys are developing while Jalen may have hit a wall.

Last year if Jalen was off the court it was a nightmare. This year we’ve shown to be more than capable. Probably in large part because of Alterique. Regardless, if the others keep developing like they have the years to come could be special.

And a random aside, the line up of CV, Tarin, B Adams, Wilson, and Yakwe should never happen again vs a high major team.

Reaction Score
How about Sid? Maybe play the younger players. Sid did little to impress yesterday but at least he appeared to hustle and try.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It's kind of bull. You have to bench a player for weak practices to set the culture (Cobb). But you can't give less minutes to a guy that stinks it up during the game for "culture".
We have 3 other usable guards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom