Hot Take: We will repeat with back to back titles this season. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hot Take: We will repeat with back to back titles this season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sorry. I thought we are the reigning champs?
You're not sure? I guess it's tough for you to keep up with this stuff in retirement.

#casualfan

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I don't know if we'll repeat, but I believe we'll look back on this era and marvel at how good we had it. These are the good old days

Reaction Score
The back to back stuff is dumb right now. Got a ways to go before even caring about something that’s very rarely done.

Focus on BE, been awhile since UConn won a conference or conference tourney.
Why is it dumb? As a fan? Why do I have to focus on the BE? What difference does it make that I have my eyes on a bigger prize and I’m confident we can take it?

Reaction Score

Which national championship contender are you now more all-in on?

Borzello: UConn. I thought the Huskies were the Big East favorite entering the season and a legitimate Final Four contender, but they might be better than expected. Tristen Newton is playing like an All-American, Alex Karaban has developed into a legitimate NBA prospect, Donovan Clingan is a potential lottery pick, Cam Spencer brings shooting and experience -- and they've played only three games with top-10 prospect and projected top-10 pick Stephon Castle. When this team is fully healthy, I could see the reigning national champions making another deep run.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, like Providence, we've got as good a chance as anybody.
Of course, Providence didn't seem to have much of a chance last night. Just saying.

Reaction Score
Why is it dumb? As a fan? Why do I have to focus on the BE? What difference does it make that I have my eyes on a bigger prize and I’m confident we can take it?
In my opinion just an unnecessary pressure on the season right now. Selection Sunday is far down the road. Other milestones to hit well before that to focus on and enjoy.

Dumb wasn’t right word, my apologies.

Reaction Score
In my opinion just an unnecessary pressure on the season right now. Selection Sunday is far down the road. Other milestones to hit well before that to focus on and enjoy.

Dumb wasn’t right word, my apologies.
Unnecessary pressure on who?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't know if we'll repeat, but I believe we'll look back on this era and marvel at how good we had it. These are the good old days
All joking aside, Some might have thought back when JC was coaching that those were the good ol' days. Would we ever see that kind of success again. Then Ollie somehow managed to coach a NC with JC's guys, and that seemed to be the end of the era.

In comes Hurley. And in his 5th year, coaches the team to it's 5th NC. This right after a pair of 1st round exits that at the time had some fans questioning if he was the right guy (you know who you are!).

We all know how hard it is to win a NC. I'd much rather be UCONN with our HC rather than Duke, Kentucky, or UNC. I don't know if we will win another NC in the near future, but I know we will be there at the end competing for them. As long as we have Dan Hurley, IMHO, NOW are the "good ol' days"!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
He's been hanged too many times already.

Can we pour gasoline on him and set him on fire?

Glad to help.

Scared Spongebob Squarepants GIF by Mashed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom