Hot seat watch: Sherri Coale | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hot seat watch: Sherri Coale

Reaction Score
She brought the program back from almost being dead. Had some great recruiting classes and success, but her time has gone and she's overpaid on past laurels and there needs to be a change. But AD Castiglione is slow to make that kind of change because she is a great ambassador for the school.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma needs some players. I assume that's why Coquese Washington was hired.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma needs some players. I assume that's why Coquese Washington was hired.

She can get them, but she can't keep any of their decent guards because she has her son working with them. Rumor is, the players are not as keen on mommy's little boy as she is. Both Dungee and Shaina Pellington were Big 12 freshman of the year and then transferred. Dungee was very successful at Arkansas this season.

Coquese might be able to bring her recruits, but keeping them is going to be another issue entirely.

Reaction Score
Forget Sherri Coale.

What does it say about us that this dreadful team had us on the ropes in the 4th quarter?
If you are talking about the 2 great games against OU's NC hopes. Those were FUN game. I'll admit the final was close and DT had to single handedly win it (ok with loads of help). Sherri, I was always a FAN, had a great team and coached it well. As Geno has said, good coaches look great with top talent on their team-Sherri looked great.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If you are talking about the 2 great games against OU's NC hopes. Those were FUN game. I'll admit the final was close and DT had to single handedly win it (ok with loads of help). Sherri, I was always a FAN, had a great team and coached it well. As Geno has said, good coaches look great with top talent on their team-Sherri looked great.

Not to get off course but DT shot 5-16 and scored 13 points that game....she made the play to seal the win but was hardly the best player that day, that honor went to Cash who had 20/13/4 assists.

Sherri has done well when she's had talent, but it seems like the game has passed her by. She hasn't been able to land top kids the past 8-10 years and has struggled keeping her players. She hasn't hit the transfer/grad transfer market either which could've helped her team big time this past year when their entire roster was essentially freshmen and sophomores.

Oklahoma shouldn't be a difficult school to recruit to--great college town, strong WBB reputation, and is close to a lot of Texas recruits. In theory, I'd think they'd have a great shot to land top kids who don't choose Baylor or Texas. I understand teams have up and down seasons, but Sherri Coale is making way way too much to produce an 8-22 season or even a 16-15 season with a heavy upperclassmen roster.

Reaction Score
The final wasn't that close. We were ahead 6-8 points toward the end when DT "sealed" the victory with her clear-out and-one, fouling out Stacy Dales. That was a really nice exclamation point but, in reality, we were going to win that game anyway.

Reaction Score
The final wasn't that close. We were ahead 6-8 points toward the end when DT "sealed" the victory with her clear-out and-one, fouling out Stacy Dales. That was a really nice exclamation point but, in reality, we were going to win that game anyway.
Geno put the ball in DT's hands and she backed down Dales, got her in foul trouble, that sealed the game . 6 or 8 points ?? While one point is all that is needed, I like my margins a bit larger. The next time you see Sherri say hi for me. People may have angst over her not so successful recent years---I only remember the caring, thoughtful lady that responded to my letters. I love those early head to head UC/OU were great fun.

Reaction Score
Geno put the ball in DT's hands and she backed down Dales, got her in foul trouble, that sealed the game . 6 or 8 points ?? While one point is all that is needed, I like my margins a bit larger. The next time you see Sherri say hi for me. People may have angst over her not so successful recent years---I only remember the caring, thoughtful lady that responded to my letters. I love those early head to head UC/OU were great fun.
Love Sherri.

With about 1:45 left in the game, and UConn leading 73-67, DT backed in on Dionnah Jackson, then spun and beat her to the hoop. Stacy Dales came over to help and fouled DT for her 5th foul. DT made the shot anyway, and then made the free throw.

You made me look it up, and I'm glad I did. Goose bumps. So I'm gonna make it easy for you to re-live it too, starting at about the 5:10 mark in this end-of-game clip...

Reaction Score
Love Sherri.

With about 1:45 left in the game, and UConn leading 73-67, DT backed in on Dionnah Jackson, then spun and beat her to the hoop. Stacy Dales came over to help and fouled DT for her 5th foul. DT made the shot anyway, and then made the free throw.

You made me look it up, and I'm glad I did. Goose bumps. So I'm gonna make it easy for you to re-live it too, starting at about the 5:10 mark in this end-of-game clip...

The game at the Civic Center was a great one too, after the REF's got all the TV time they needed and put the whistles away. My problem with both games---I couldn't be a loser because I was cheering both teams. I felt miserable for the loser.

Reaction Score
The game at the Civic Center was a great one too, after the REF's got all the TV time they needed and put the whistles away. My problem with both games---I couldn't be a loser because I was cheering both teams. I felt miserable for the loser.
Me too! I'm an OU alum, but a UConn WBB fan 'cause I lived in CT for 20 years - from the beginning with Geno thru the DT years.

The first time they played I didn't know who I'd be rooting for. But it became very clear from the tipoff:

U-C-O-N-N UCONN UCONN UCONN!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom