Hot Rod Williams Died | The Boneyard

Hot Rod Williams Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Thanks guys. But I was lucky. I had one of the "good" cancers (prostate, detected early). Relatively simple.
ut don't forget to keep getting that checked!

Reaction Score
Thanks guys. But I was lucky. I had one of the "good" cancers (prostate, detected early). Relatively simple.
ut don't forget to keep getting that checked!
I'm 39 1/2...when should you start getting checked. Thinking I should start soon.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You are about there. I think 40 is used as a marker. Some may wait until 50. There is the PSA and the more infamous digital check. Both have their place. In my case the PSA test led to the digital check which led to the biopsy.
I then had a prostatectomy rather than go with radiation .
I read this book , which was great. There is a lot of gray are over when to even bother with treatment (it is a very slow growing cancer) and which treatment is best (every place will say their approach is best)

Reaction Score
Cancer s beatable if detected early. I'm in a four month remission from a cancer so rare that Yale doesn't know much of anything about it. Survived lung cancer twice, melanoma and the latest one all since 2006. All surgeries, no radiation. Luck on my part believe me. I do feel so lucky. Keeping my fingers crossed on this latest one.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Cancer s beatable if detected early. I'm in a four month remission from a cancer so rare that Yale doesn't know much of anything about it. Survived lung cancer twice, melanoma and the latest one all since 2006. All surgeries, no radiation. Luck on my part believe me. I do feel so lucky. Keeping my fingers crossed on this latest one.

Wow! Good luck!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Jesus, you are practically mutating. Glad to hear you are pulling through. That's a tough deck of cards you're working with.

Reaction Score
You are about there. I think 40 is used as a marker. Some may wait until 50. There is the PSA and the more infamous digital check. Both have their place. In my case the PSA test led to the digital check which led to the biopsy.
I then had a prostatectomy rather than go with radiation .
I read this book , which was great. There is a lot of gray are over when to even bother with treatment (it is a very slow growing cancer) and which treatment is best (every place will say their approach is best)

The problem is it catches up with you, usually when you are elderly and not as strong as when younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom