Horrible loss by Sun to Tulsa 83-72 | The Boneyard

Horrible loss by Sun to Tulsa 83-72

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
anyone who caught the game know what the hell happened?

i know that Tulsa went on their run in the 3rd quarter and beginning of 4th quarter when he had ALL the reserves in and left them in for about 8 total minutes as the game completely turned around. i've never been one to pile it on the head coach, but what a pathetic coaching display if that's the reason they lost. Tulsa for god's sake.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Sun relied on their Jump shooting in the 2nd half, especially 4th Qtr. Played poor defense and Shock went on a 17-2 run to open the 4th Qtr.

Don't know who's at fault but Tina was invisible in 4th Qtr. She did not take a shot and had 1 rebound. I watch the play by play stats and have noticed a trend when the Sun lose after having leads. Its when Tina is ineffective and goes long periods without scoring. Can't imagine what Geno would be saying after a game like this. Sun are not a good road team. Bad LOSS, but will still be in the Playoffs.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
True but the Shock went on the big run to end Q3 and start Q4 without the starters in. it was a 20 point turnaournd. Tina was not in during that time. well, she was not in for a good portion of the tulsa run...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I watched a little bit of the 2nd half. The Shock run started after Tina went to the bench with 4 fouls. Didn't look like much effort was made to get the ball inside when she returned, though she was double-teamed in the post. Poor shooting, no energy, slow to loose balls, shooting jump-shots instead of pounding the all inside, poor guard play, etc. I'm not sure I'd put this one on Thibault.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Then don't you put this loss on Coach T?

How can Tina go from dominating the game, then be so ineffective in the 2nd half.
Cambage played 3 minutes in the 1st half and that was it. Sun played poor defense in 2nd half and worse offense. They scored 13 points in the 4th qtr and most of the points were in the last 2 minutes when the game was already decided.

The Sun do not have a go to player who can drive to the basket to score points, draw fouls and get to the line when their Jump Shots aren't falling.

Still have to wonder why Tina is so invisible in their losses.

I guess I'll be accused of harping again, but where is Kelsey Griffin. She had zero points and rebounds in 10 minutes of play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some crazy Boneyarder predicted that Tulsa would win a few at the end of the season and play the spoiler role. I was hoping it would not affect the UConn alums' teams.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Cambage (at this time in her W career) is no threat.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
There was talk of Liz being banged up, but when I saw her in Hartford at the US friendly and then two games in person in Tulsa, I was not impressed. She's not in W shape, she's not seeing the game, and I don't feel her instincts are that good. It's far too early to make "Career Judgments" about her, but she's a real 19, not and LJ or Wauters or Penny 19.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There was talk of Liz being banged up, but when I saw her in Hartford at the US friendly and then two games in person in Tulsa, I was not impressed. She's not in W shape, she's not seeing the game, and I don't feel her instincts are that good. It's far too early to make "Career Judgments" about her, but she's a real 19, not and LJ or Wauters or Penny 19.
that's the most interesting analysis i've seen of her yet. i really just figured since she performed relatively well in the World National games, she was really ready for the WNBA. plus all the talk and hype about her...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
didnt Tulsa just beat the Sparks.... wow, they are on fire!

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller's blog Aug. 28 says it all today -
Sun squander chance to clinch playoff berth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics