Hornets 81 knicks 38 | The Boneyard

Hornets 81 knicks 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get that the Knicks have no talent, but they don't even compete and they were already a poor defensive unit when their lineup was intact earlier in the year, not really seeing it with DFish. The Knicks need to bottom out and lose games to secure a high pick, but a good coach would at least have them competing.

Reaction Score
The first time I saw Kemba play live was @ MSG vs. St. John's when he was a freshman. I remember him going off for 21 points with his family in the stands was going crazy. Awesome game. For a NY kid, it must feel awesome to be able to perform so well at MSG.

Reaction Score
I get that the Knicks have no talent, but they don't even compete and they were already a poor defensive unit when their lineup was intact earlier in the year, not really seeing it with DFish. The Knicks need to bottom out and lose games to secure a high pick, but a good coach would at least have them competing.

I think its too early to say. That roster is absolutely putrid right now (as you mention), maybe even worse than the 76ers right now, and he is being forced to run an outdated offense with personnel that doesn't fit. I can't see anyone being successful with the triangle unless you have overwhelming talent. I think Phil will be too stubborn to switch it up and its not going to work unless they get skilled, heady bigs like Marc Gasol and Draymond Green in the off-season, and that's not happening.

Reaction Score

That's what struck me as well. There are too many guys on that roster that should consider this a chance to play for an NBA career to give such weak effort. I was happy to see Kemba play well, but the Knicks could have at least tried to make him work for it.

Reaction Score
They got players like Cleanthony Early, Cole Aldrich, Shane Larkin, and Langston Galloway (who was on st joes last year) getting major minutes. There is nothing a coach can do with that in the NBA

Reaction Score
They've bottomed out, they probably have the worst roster I've ever seen in the NBA.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's all worth it for Okafor...

Counting your chickens before they hatch..................
Okafor is a real nice player but not sure he can do all that against the size and bulk he will see night after night.
When AB was in the game he kept some pretty good clamps on Okafor and AB isn't a NBA baller right now

Reaction Score
The Knicks franchise was going no where the way the team was set up the last few years. The goal isn't to get the 8th spot in the East.
It's going to be Okafor, Mudiay or Towns in the top 3.
Rather see this than the Knicks winning 30 games and getting the 15th pick for instance or getting the 8th spot in the east and getting bounced.
Only way to get better in the NBA is to be horrible and get top picks, sign free agents and make a a few shrewd trades.

They needed a total rebuild ever since they lost out on Lebron's first free agency and this is the first step.

Reaction Score
Okafor could be a nice NBA player but I think the chances of him being a star or franchise type player are almost nonexistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom