Hoping for this 8 man rotation sooner rather than later | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hoping for this 8 man rotation sooner rather than later

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Enoch will follow the usual trajectory with fan support for non-superstar UConn players.

Freshman Year - the second coming, should play over veterans at his position and average a double/double
Sophomore Year - Bust. Didn't dominate as Freshman, time to move on to the next recruit
Junior Year - Adequate sub.
Senior Year - how will we survive without <blank> next year?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think I was typing this same post about 3 years ago regarding Phil and Tyler O.

We know Phil's capabilities. I also believe Phil is a smart basketball player who listens to coaches. His ability to read pick and rolls and his efforts to try and get in position to take charges are examples of a "heady" basketball player.

If Phil doesn't play another minute for the next 20 games, nothing changes. He is what he is and it isn't going to improve over the next 3 months.

Enoch's game, on the other hand, is still growing. Give him some run and get him on film. As players and coaches will all attest, the game film doesn't lie. It will show him where is effective and what he needs to do to get better.

I like this teams chances in March and April a lot more if Enoch is getting 12-15 minutes than if Phil is getting those minutes.

Reaction Score
Enoch will follow the usual trajectory with fan support for non-superstar UConn players.

Freshman Year - the second coming, should play over veterans at his position and average a double/double
Sophomore Year - Bust. Didn't dominate as Freshman, time to move on to the next recruit
He's 6' 11" 250 and he doesn't fall to the floor when lightly tapped. He can make a layup. Don't know if he can defend. Not saying he's Okafor but he has more to work with than Phil and we don't need a superstar, just a workman.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

That's a pretty good assessment of Facey's career so far. Although he is quickly approaching game changing super sub status.

Rather than just occupy minutes, he's forcing the opponents to account for his rebounding- especially on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
We have seen Omar for four years now. He shouldn't see the court unless the game is out of hand. Definitely Enoch time.

Enoch has more potential than Omar for sure, but I don't think we need 4 bigs in an 8 man rotation, especially when Hamilton is more than capable of playing some 4 in a small lineup and most of our issues offensively are with penetration and shooting. I would say Cassell, but he's a total ball-stopper (he's almost a lock to shoot every time he touches the ball) and is the worst defender on the team at any position.

Reaction Score
Enoch has more potential than Omar for sure, but I don't think we need 4 bigs in an 8 man rotation, especially when Hamilton is more than capable of playing some 4 in a small lineup and most of our issues offensively are with penetration and shooting. I would say Cassell, but he's a total ball-stopper (he's almost a lock to shoot every time he touches the ball) and is the worst defender on the team at any position.

You can't have an 8 man rotation with one guy over 6'7 especially when that one guy is prone to foul trouble.

Reaction Score
You can't have an 8 man rotation with one guy over 6'7 especially when that one guy is prone to foul trouble.

Last time I checked, Facey was 6'9". That said, I believe Enoch should be part of the rotation. Thus far, I think Sam has outplayed Omar for the 4th guard spot.

Reaction Score

Brimah and Facey are both over 6'7 and Hamilton and Miller are both 6'7 exactly. Very few teams in CBB have more size in their big rotation than UConn does even with that rotation. If guys get into extreme foul trouble Enoch and Nolan will still be there.

Reaction Score
Last time I checked, Facey was 6'9". That said, I believe Enoch should be part of the rotation. Thus far, I think Sam has outplayed Omar for the 4th guard spot.

Just to be clear I'd only want Omar playing 7-8 minutes a game, I just think he's less of a ball stopper and better defensively than Sam. I don't want a 4th guard who can't defend and who shoots every time he touches the ball, which is basically all that Sam does. I wouldn't be opposed to just using a 9 man rotation with Enoch being in that rotation, but I wouldn't want his minutes to come at the expense of Miller or Facey.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I don't know. I'm a little more bullish on him. He looks pretty smooth out there. Not to say you don't have a couple good points in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom