Hoping for a signing day event at The Rent | The Boneyard

Hoping for a signing day event at The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With all the commits today, I am really excited about this class. I may be old school, but I loved the signing day event at The Rent. Gave us a football bridge between end of season and spring game. Also keeps fan base excited and makes you feel even closer to the program. Would love to see it return. Just don't think it will happen. Maybe an email campaign to WM and HCBD would help

Reaction Score
We went to Signing Day at Burton this year. Y-a-w-n. Periscope would have been more interactive and exciting. Saw the coaching staff, UConn football writers, and Tim Boyle. It felt like we--season ticket holders--were imposing. Didn't feel welcome at all.

With the direction that the team is headed, Signing Day needs to be a big deal at The Rent. The original format was great: food, mingling, giveaways, autographs, big focus on new Huskies. Need to build connections to the program. We Boneyarders are connected, so bring more fans, bring friends...just BRING IT!

Reaction Score
Lets roll !!! We have proven they do listen by some of the changes made at the stadium this year. Here is where to start.
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/school-bio/staff-directory.html#athdir
Anyone not listed here you would like to contact like the president etc is simply firstname.lastname@uconnedu , sample susan.herbst@uconnedu
Lets make it happen! I truly enjoyed these events as you got personal time with the coaches and also got to meet many of their family as well. This along with mingle autograph time with a dozen upperclassmen, always great for the younger wide eyed developing fan.

Reaction Score
Lets roll !!! We have proven they do listen by some of the changes made at the stadium this year. Here is where to start.
Anyone not listed here you would like to contact like the president etc is simply firstname.lastname@uconnedu , sample susan.herbst@uconnedu
Lets make it happen! I truly enjoyed these events as you got personal time with the coaches and also got to meet many of their family as well. This along with mingle autograph time with a dozen upperclassmen, always great for the younger wide eyed developing fan.
Agree. Lets make this happen. Everyone that liked event should email Warde and Bob. No reason they can't make this work. LETS DO IT

Reaction Score
Just sent an email to Warde, Don Patterson and Mike Enright. Could not find HCBD's email , so that is why I sent email to Patterson. Mentioned how great the event was when held at The Rent, and hoped they would consider bringing it back to East Hartford. I suggest as many of us as possible send emails. I think we can get this done if we push enough.

Reaction Score
Just got this reply from Warde...Like I said they are listening but we need numbers to make something happen!

Thanks for your note. It is shaping up to be a great signing class for us.

I appreciate your interest in the meet and greet with the staff to introduce the class but I am not sure of the final plans for this year. Thanks for your recommendation to bring that back. I will make sure Coach Diaco and my staff know of the interest to do so.

Thanks for all the support and for reaching out.

Happy Holidays.

Go Huskies,
Warde

Reaction Score
I am going to basically repeat what I said in the initial post in this thread. The more recruits we get verbally committing , the more I would like to see the signing day event back at The Rent. I know woof 101 and I have sent emails to Warde M, lets all of us send emails. If we bombard him they may decide that it is a good idea. Lets Do It. Go Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom