Hope Warde is being this proactive | The Boneyard

Hope Warde is being this proactive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was in Storrs on Monday for the Florida game. I should have put a tracker on him. Damn.

Reaction Score
Lembo is probably off the board. Not that upset about it. I think Narduzzi is our #1.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
gQd d@mn #monitoring-the-situation

Reaction Score
I think Lembo was Wake's first choice but our 2nd. Wake is a tough place to coach but he'll be pretty successful there.

Reaction Score

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I just don't get how Wake is more desirable. Yes they're in the ACC but that's it....they are low on food chain in their own state for recruiting. Don't see the draw....

Reaction Score
If so, throw a name out there for who he would bring in for the offensive side of the ball. Does he give TJ a shot? Foley? or just clean house? Would someone like this possibly get a shot?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ol-of-mines-college-football-offense/1659819/
the next head coach won't bring Weist in as his OC. I think Warde will push for him to be part of the staff in some capacity but that's all.He and the new HC might just decide it is best for both if he moves on, too. I'd like to see Foley stay too, and again he's a possibility given his rep as a line coach.I could see him as the head coach at Central too and he would be a terrific choice for them. I guess it is possible that the recruiting coordinator, (Wholley?)stays on to try and keep this class. that is pretty common in these transitions. But I doubt many others from this staff are around next year.

Reaction Score
I just don't get how Wake is more desirable. Yes they're in the ACC but that's it....they are low on food chain in their own state for recruiting. Don't see the draw....

It's an auto qualifier, that automatically bumps it up a notch. It's stupid but it is what it is.. The past year or so I have been eating crow from a friend who is a TCU fan. All those years that they were "mid-major" and a school like UConn was berthed directly into a BCS conference he was bitter guy (not just because of UConn).

If Lembo actually is as good as advertised, he won't be there for long.

Reaction Score
That's Narduzzi's job. I have hard time reconciling with the idea that TJ would stay.

If we hired Lembo, would you ask me who he was going to hire as DC just because he is defensively oriented?

Yes I would.

And to your other point, hiring the HC is Ward's job but it hasn't stopped you from chiming in endlessly. I asked you a legit questions or points to ponder if you will because I was interested to hear who you would like in that position if we went with a D minded HC.

Reaction Score
Yes I would.

And to your other point, hiring the HC is Ward's job but it hasn't stopped you from chiming in endlessly. I asked you a legit questions or points to ponder if you will because I was interested to hear who you would like in that position if we went with a D minded HC.

Well, you first. My preference is for a defensive minded coach. Having a preference for who the HC ought to be is enough to chew on.

Reaction Score
the next head coach won't bring Weist in as his OC. I think Warde will push for him to be part of the staff in some capacity but that's all.He and the new HC might just decide it is best for both if he moves on, too. I'd like to see Foley stay too, and again he's a possibility given his rep as a line coach.I could see him as the head coach at Central too and he would be a terrific choice for them. I guess it is possible that the recruiting coordinator, (Wholley?)stays on to try and keep this class. that is pretty common in these transitions. But I doubt many others from this staff are around next year.

I can see (hope) Foley staying, he's a hell of a Oline coach IMO. I was wondering about Wholley myself, but probably right about staying on for the contact with the current class then let go later. The guy Bob Stitt I linked to seems to be one of those innovative guys that just needs the opportunity on a bigger stage. Seems to know others at this level and have their respect.

Thanks for answering

Reaction Score
Well, you first. My preference is for a defensive minded coach. Having a preference for who the HC ought to be is enough to chew on.

Sorry I asked, I actually did go first with the link I attached but lets just call it a learning lesson on my part and move on.

Reaction Score
panic.jpg

:eek::D:D:eek:

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I hope that we, the Boneyard, can cope with and understand that we are not "in the know" with any of the happenings going on, nor should we be. I'm glad it's been quiet with no leaks. I just have to hope that Warde is doing his due dilligence and has his list vetted, which may or may not include Lembo. We shall see.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Fwiw, my wife used to work for Burton at World Color. Now works for a Burton disciple that still maintains close contact. Here is what he told her today:

"the special committee to select the uconn football coach is made up of burton, his son mike, an outside consultant and the athletic director."

Again, this may just be Burton's ego but it sounds like he will have a lot of say

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Fwiw, my wife used to work for Burton at World Color. Now works for a Burton disciple that still maintains close contact. Here is what he told her today:

"the special committee to select the uconn football coach is made up of burton, his son mike, an outside consultant and the athletic director."

Again, this may just be Burton's ego but it sounds like he will have a lot of say
I'm ok with him having input - at the end of the day, it's Warde's, Susan's, and the BOT's @sses on the line to take the input and then hire the right guy.

Reaction Score
That's just funny ...

IF Burton was T. Boone, that would be one thing. Frankly, we should tell Burton to do what T. Boone did near Dallas (*after he built the Okie State stadium complex): T. Boone built a state-of-the-art Rehab/Spa for his Old Age complete with an aromatherapy room for his dementia mother. Burton needs to be replaced by NEW UConn money: do we have any candidates?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That's just funny ...

IF Burton was T. Boone, that would be one thing. Frankly, we should tell Burton to do what T. Boone did near Dallas (*after he built the Okie State stadium complex): T. Boone built a state-of-the-art Rehab/Spa for his Old Age complete with an aromatherapy room for his dementia mother. Burton needs to be replaced by NEW UConn money: do we have any candidates?
New money or old- money is money and it's all legal tender. That said, they definitely seem to be working on getting increased donations. And as others have noted, some of the best "new" money prospects come from our hoops teams.

Reaction Score
I noticed there was a big donation today to the basketball facility. I wish every cent from every top donor right now would go to the football search/financial package.

Reaction Score
That's just funny ...

Well that is why Burton's son is involved. ;)

Reaction Score

Ask her to find out what the tail number is of Cenveo's Jet... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom