Hope springs eternal thread... | The Boneyard

Hope springs eternal thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the past, as we've said goodbye to the previous year's team, we've been bouyed for the future with anticipation of the onfield performance of those remaining. To those leaving the team, thank you for your service. I'll especially miss Kendall Reyes & Moe Petrus.
To those returning,there's work to do: I expect Sio Moore to be an inspirational leader on the field. With a whole season behind them,I expect Coach P's system to be more engrained, like muscle memory.
What redshirts & new recruits will take up the gauntlet & contribute?
The season's over, but I'm burning with anticipation for the next one.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
In the past, as we've said goodbye to the previous year's team, we've been bouyed for the future with anticipation of the onfield performance of those remaining. To those leaving the team, thank you for your service. I'll especially miss Kendall Reyes & Moe Petrus.
To those returning,there's work to do: I expect Sio Moore to be an inspirational leader on the field. With a whole season behind them,I expect Coach P's system to be more engrained, like muscle memory.
What redshirts & new recruits will take up the gauntlet & contribute?
The season's over, but I'm burning with anticipation for the next one.
Amen, brutha.

Reaction Score
There is lots of reason for optimism going into next year. On defense, we're returning 9 starters. On offense, we get our best receiver back (michael smith), the quarterback- whoever he is- is going to be a year older, more experienced, and hopefully better, and we're got some interesting transfers coming in. Also, it'll be everybody's second year playing in the new system. On special teams, we're losing Teggart, but we're replacing him with a kicker who has a noticeably stronger leg.

Reaction Score
I think that the second year learning offense will be the most important thing. I am worried about the D. Way to many receivers wide open.

Reaction Score
I agree coach, I'm also interested to see how some position battles play out (other than qb) and see what if any staff changes are made.

Reaction Score
I Agree Pick6s 100%, but Teggart is a big loss, yes Christian has a bigger leg, but does he have the accuracy?? Hopefully we will get a peek (if they are allowed to kick) in the spring game…

Reaction Score
Coach, that's a great post. And there should always be hope and the excitement about looking forward to next season. If it isn't fun, why be a fan? Why go to the games?

I had another blast this season and would have loved to see more Ws. But, being in a t-shirt at the Rent on Thanksgiving and watching our guys pound the crap out of Rutty was great.

With a little perspective it's all good......

Reaction Score
Coach, that's a great post. And there should always be hope and the excitement about looking forward to next season. If it isn't fun, why be a fan? Why go to the games?

I had another blast this season and would have loved to see more Ws. But, being in a t-shirt at the Rent on Thanksgiving and watching our guys pound the crap out of Rutty was great.

With a little perspective it's all good......

Dogs, I wouldn't trade my seat at the Rent for anything. You always see something to make your day.
Some memorable highlights:
Touchdown Terry Cauley running with abandon.
Scott Lutrus getting 3 Pick6's in his first spring game & following it up with another in his first varsity game.
Larry Taylor's antics on a balmy night against Louisville.
Nick Williams' touchdown kickoff return last season against Pitt.
FHCRE's decision to go for it on 4th & 2 in the same game.
The look in the USF quarterback's eyes when the defender stayed home & tackled him for a loss on a naked bootleg to prevent a certain touchdown.
The first game against Snooki at the Rent, when Schiano decided on a kickoff to try a crossfield lateral, it gets snuffed out, & UConn recovers the ball.
Kendall Reyes rumbling for a called back touchdown on a fumble recovery last season & then gettting one last week.
Tyvon Branch's return for a touchdown against Snooki immediately after halftime.
Teggart's field goal on that snowy night 2 seasons ago.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I hope next season is better, but to be honest I am concerned that this year has reset the program. I had hoped that an 9-4 or 8-5 season would have backed up last years BCS run, shown the country our rise was more than just Edsalls doing and set up recruiting for the PP era. It would have made us New Englands team (Suck it BC):p As it stands, with the conference falling into national irrelevance, no bowl game practices or exposure, and a bunch of questions on the roster, the program has a lot of work to do. Another 5-7 season would start the Fire PP engine and put the program into complete disarray. Lots of work to do before a critical season in the history of the program.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My hope springs eternal basis starts at WR, as 2012 could well be the best we've ever been at this position (a new WR coach is part of the equation however). T Jones & Davis has shown talent and the BC transfer (his name escapes me) should contribute.

I believe an additional year in coach Brown's system, a full year under the belt for B Jones, T Brown and Smallwood, that (with the move to a 3-4) we can replace two quality deartures (Reyes, Martin) with one quality player (Stephen) and that we should have quite a bit of quality depth from players currently redshirting, our defense should be at worst solid next year.

I see some major question marks at QB and OL and until these are answered our offense could be a problem.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Thanks coach - there is plenty to be optimistic about.

Defense - returning 9 starters. 3 have an excellent shot at being preseason all-BE (Sio, Jesse/Trevardo, Blidi). We are plugging some big dudes in the middle (Pruitt, Stephen, etc) as we lose our best DT ever in Mr. Reyes. A full year into Brown's system, I expect us to grow. I like where the safeties are headed with Brown and Jones. Our LB's should be strong next year - we had 2 impressive freshmen who redshirted, throw in a Maryland transfer with all 3 starters returning.

Offense - I'm going to focus on the positives. We return 3/5 of the offensive line. Our TE's are back. We return our 1100-yard freshman rb. Our best WR from 2 years ago returns. We have 3 QB's coming in with game experience, which is basically 3 more than this past season.

Specials - Teggart's a big loss. We're not going to be as good there. But otherwise, Williams returns and we should be fairly solid.

The schedule will be interesting. NC State comes to the Rent. We get to visit our old friend FUCRE, won't that be an interesting game. 270 or so days to go, fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom