Hoopstreams Geno Show | The Boneyard

Hoopstreams Geno Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My archive of the Geno Show still freezes a number of times during viewing. Having to wait 4 days for a poor archive of the Geno Show is very disappointing. Are others having this freeze problem?

I have emailed Hoopstreams (whoever that is this year) and told them failure to produce a credible Holy Cross stream will result in a loss of their credibility and a resulting loss of subscribers.

Reaction Score
My archive of the Geno Show still freezes a number of times during viewing. Having to wait 4 days for a poor archive of the Geno Show is very disappointing. Are others having this freeze problem?

I have emailed Hoopstreams (whoever that is this year) and told them failure to produce a credible Holy Cross stream will result in a loss of their credibility and a resulting loss of subscribers.
The archive works flawlessly for me. The problem could be on your end, rather than CPTV's. Have you clicked on the HD button to see the download speeds and buffer length while you watch? Is it freezing because your computer isn't downloading fast enough to support the stream rate?

Reaction Score
Scotter--did they change the download speeds and buffer length from last year? It worked perfectly for me last year.

Thanks for your help

Reaction Score
Speaking of the Geno Show, for CT residents who have power/TV back, my online guide says CPTV is replaying it today at 6:00pm. I was out of power until Friday, so I'm looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
I, too, cannot watch the show without freezes I have cleaned my computer's cache several times, so it's not that. A great start to the season.

For those of us on Hoopstreams, this is what I find most infuriating. We should not have to know about and tinker with download speeds. We should not have to figure out buffer length. At the start of last season and the season before, I did nothing but adjust my computer to specifications called for by some technician at CPTV. The results were spotty at best, but that's not the point. The point is that consumers should not have to know all the stuff in order to use the product. You don't have to know how to fix a car in ordeer to buy one (unless you own a Fiat, but that's another story).

We are not back in the days of crystal radios, for cryin' out loud, when ou had to tinker with them all the time to hear one of the few stations that were broadcasting. And I resent the hell out of the attitude that CPTV has shown in the past that if there's something, anything wrong, we must first repair the computer. Even if that turns out to be the case, heir reliance on technology that causes this to happen is a bad customer experience, as the sales bureaucrats now call it.

And just to get this on the table before the apologists do, yes, I know that if we did not have CPTV we would not be able to watch all the games and that CPTV provides a valuable service that no one else provides. Blah, blah, blah.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
TC try and call their tech center identified on the FAQ page.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I watched it again and had no problems.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I watched it again and had no problems.
I just watched the archive. Voice and picture are in synch. And no stoppages.

In short, a perfect broadcast ----- all the way to Vermont.

Reaction Score
I am a new subscriber. I tried to watch the show a day after it was broadcast and I had the same problem - lots of starts and stops. I waited a couple of days and tried it again and it worked perfectly. I guess I am lucky. We'll see how I fare for the next broadcast.

Reaction Score
I, too, cannot watch the show without freezes I have cleaned my computer's cache several times, so it's not that. A great start to the season.

For those of us on Hoopstreams, this is what I find most infuriating. We should not have to know about and tinker with download speeds. We should not have to figure out buffer length. At the start of last season and the season before, I did nothing but adjust my computer to specifications called for by some technician at CPTV. The results were spotty at best, but that's not the point. The point is that consumers should not have to know all the stuff in order to use the product. You don't have to know how to fix a car in ordeer to buy one (unless you own a Fiat, but that's another story).

We are not back in the days of crystal radios, for cryin' out loud, when ou had to tinker with them all the time to hear one of the few stations that were broadcasting. And I resent the hell out of the attitude that CPTV has shown in the past that if there's something, anything wrong, we must first repair the computer. Even if that turns out to be the case, heir reliance on technology that causes this to happen is a bad customer experience, as the sales bureaucrats now call it.

And just to get this on the table before the apologists do, yes, I know that if we did not have CPTV we would not be able to watch all the games and that CPTV provides a valuable service that no one else provides. Blah, blah, blah.

Tom I couldn't agree with you more. I bought Hoopstreams and expect it to work. I should not have to be concerned with download speeds and buffering.The download speed and buffering were not an issue the past 5 years I had Hoopstreams.

I just tried the Geno Show again (9th time over 4 days) and it streamed without freezing.

It clearly was a technical problem at Hoopstreams, nothing to do with our computers. My concern is that Hoopstreams will screw up the streaming of the games. Don't understand how they can be so incompetent.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
They do it just to annoy you... that is, have a majority have no problem and a minority have a problem. It's a deliberate effort to tick folks off.

blah blah blah

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They do it just to annoy you... that is, have a majority have no problem and a minority have a problem. It's a deliberate effort to tick folks off.

blah blah blah
Absolutely, true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member