HoopsCentral: without Paige; UCONN is an average team | The Boneyard

HoopsCentral: without Paige; UCONN is an average team

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
They definitely believe without Paige, UCONN is an average team with unrealized talent. Starts with discussion about UCONN then Paige and unrealized talent. They state women's brackets don't just don't have the depth of talent like the men's brackets.

Last edited:

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
They definitely believe without Paige, UCONN is an average team with unrealized talent. Starts with discussion about UCONN then Paige and unrealized talent. They state women's brackets don't just don't have the depth of talent like the men's brackets.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
First off, anyone who says (and seriously believes it) that "Without Paige, UCONN is just an average team" is either stupid, trolling, or simply trying to be incendiary. I agree with @topogigio that UCONN is at least a top 10 team without her, and probably higher.

Second, what difference does it make about "without Paige"? We AREN'T without Paige. We definitely have her.

Third, how good would Baylor be without Smith? Kentucky without Howard? SC without Boston? Arkansas without Dungee? Iowa without Clark? Michigan without Hillman? Louisville without Evans? The list could go on and on. You could take any player off the 1st/2nd team AA honors and remove them off their respective team, and it's a huge blow.

I'll be honest, I didn't click on the link because I didn't want to be annoyed. Bottom line, we have Paige and they don't. As long as our already incredible team has her on it, I like our chances.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
My issue with all these discussions about 'no competition' in the early rounds of the women's tournament, is they never mention the #1 reason for all the competition in the men;s game - the mid majors keep their players for 4 years and the star power P5 teams lose all their talent to the pros each year.

So you have teams that play great team ball with older players but with lesser individual skills playing against hot shots with lots of skills but young and immature and with less team play. Makes for fascinating games and lots of competition.

The women almost all stick around for 4 years so the mid-major teams have no advantage in experience.

Reaction Score
I mean, I would think that would be the case for any team that has Paige "NPOY" Bueckers.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Idiotic "mansplaining". This is a talented team even if you took Paige out of the equation. I am assuming a number of coaches were interested in Evina when she announced her intent to transfer, and she was a top recruit out of HS. Same with CW and ONO. If Nika or AE were available coaches would be lining up to get them. They play team basketball so the stats aren't indicative of the talent. Paige's team mates are far from average.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
First off, anyone who says (and seriously believes it) that "Without Paige, UCONN is just an average team" is either stupid, trolling, or simply trying to be incendiary. I agree with @topogigio that UCONN is at least a top 10 team without her, and probably higher.

Second, what difference does it make about "without Paige"? We AREN'T without Paige. We definitely have her.

Third, how good would Baylor be without Smith? Kentucky without Howard? SC without Boston? Arkansas without Dungee? Iowa without Clark? Michigan without Hillman? Louisville without Evans? The list could go on and on. You could take any player off the 1st/2nd team AA honors and remove them off their respective team, and it's a huge blow.

I'll be honest, I didn't click on the link because I didn't want to be annoyed. Bottom line, we have Paige and they don't. As long as our already incredible team has her on it, I like our chances.
?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score

? me too!

Reaction Score
My issue with all these discussions about 'no competition' in the early rounds of the women's tournament, is they never mention the #1 reason for all the competition in the men;s game - the mid majors keep their players for 4 years and the star power P5 teams lose all their talent to the pros each year.

So you have teams that play great team ball with older players but with lesser individual skills playing against hot shots with lots of skills but young and immature and with less team play. Makes for fascinating games and lots of competition.

The women almost all stick around for 4 years so the mid-major teams have no advantage in experience.
This.

Combine that with the fact that, at the highest level, women seem more inclined to want to play with equally talented teammates than do men. Would the male Azzi Fudd want to share the headlines with the male Paige Bueckers? It might keep him from building his "brand."

Reaction Score

Soooo true.......

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Their use of Average is saying UConn would be a 3 seed. Definitely lose to SC and probably lose to TN

Reaction Score

That's B.S.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I guess this means that the Italian Renaissance without da Vinci would have been just an ordinary period of art.

Reaction Score
D had a lot of depth when they won during her junior and senior seasons. However, they wouldn't have won with D. Nothing wrong with that. UConn wouldn't win with Paige; nothing wrong with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom