Hoops Trial Verdict: GUILTY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hoops Trial Verdict: GUILTY

Reaction Score
So the schools were "defrauded". Maybe Kansas, Arizona, Louisville etc., will get extra scholarships and more recruiting time to make up for that.

Reaction Score
Anyone wonder if the NCAA will let this get old and cold and then just punt saying the FBI didn't find any schools or coaches complicit.

Won't happen. They'll find UConn was behind all this and administer the death penalty.

Reaction Score
"When recruiting prospective student-athletes, my staff and I have not and do not offer improper inducements to them or their families to influence their college decisions, nor are we aware of any third-party involvement to do so," said the 16th-year KU coach.

Self: KU has not, does not offer improper benefits to recruits

Of course. ;)
Dirty dirty liar face.

i

Self: Never used improper benefits in recruiting

Reaction Score
In order to get meaningful change, there needs to be a scandal at 2nd tier schools. Then the NCAA will go whole hog. But Kansas? No way. Too close to the sun.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The NCAA is run by the university/ college presidents. Nothing will happen to any school unless the university/ colleges allow it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Expect lots of assistants to flip now. These are basketball coaches, not the Cosa Nostra. They aren't going to jail for their boss. I also expect a lot of assistants to simply get out of the coaching business. I am sure most of them got into it because they loved coaching and they thought they could make decent money someday, but it is a long road, and most of them have to sell their soul to get to the top.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom