Hoops Trial Verdict: GUILTY | The Boneyard

Hoops Trial Verdict: GUILTY

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Orange you happy?

Reaction Score
These guys could have taken a plea deal for a lesser sentence but gambled they could win in court. Wonder if the other guys will take a plea deal now.

Reaction Score
Realistically unless schools like Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc miss out on post season play, lose players, or even have coaches fired than this entire thing is a waste of time.

Assistant coaches, handlers, and reps going down in court means nothing to any of us.

UNLESS I am missing something

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone wonder if the NCAA will let this get old and cold and then just punt saying the FBI didn't find any schools or coaches complicit.

Reaction Score
Anyone wonder if the NCAA will let this get old and cold and then just punt saying the FBI didn't find any schools or coaches complicit.

That’s the next shoe...

>>Two additional trials in the case remain. In February, former NBA great and Auburn assistant Chuck Person stands trial for his dealings with Code and Dawkins. Three additional former college assistants, Emanuel “Book” Richardson (Arizona), Tony Bland (USC) and Lamont Evans (Oklahoma State), are scheduled for April, just after the Final Four.<<

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Realistically unless schools like Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc miss out on post season play, lose players, or even have coaches fired than this entire thing is a waste of time.

Assistant coaches, handlers, and reps going down in court means nothing to any of us.

UNLESS I am missing something

I think people confuse this with an enforcement of NCAA rules. It isn't that. The conduct charged here is a federal crime. Most recruiting violations are not.

These things may or may not also be recruiting violations. It's up to the NCAA to determine that and punish the violators. It will be interesting to see what happens. But I would suggest that these criminal convictions are a lot more of a deterrent to this specific behavior by the shoe companies than any NCAA sanctions would be. So schools that maybe wanted the sneaker company to help steer kids to their school should see that dry up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom