Hoopgurlz Master Rankings: Class of 2019 | The Boneyard

Hoopgurlz Master Rankings: Class of 2019

Reaction Score
Here is a link to a spreadsheet:

2019 Hoopgurlz Master Rankings

It includes two versions of each the Terrific 25, Super 60, and espnW 100 for the 2019 class. There is also a sheet that you can sort how ever you would like (alphabetically, by school, by any of the 6 rankings, etc.) and see how the players rankings have changed over the revisions.

Feedback is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Doesn't ESPN re rank the girls sometime in April/May? If so when does that come out?

Reaction Score
Doesn't ESPN re rank the girls sometime in April/May? If so when does that come out?
@Sluconn Husky and I talked about this a little in the other thread. It was suggested sometime shortly after Boo Williams, which makes sense. Last years was April 26, so likely in the next week or so.

Reaction Score
Here is a link to a spreadsheet:

2019 Hoopgurlz Master Rankings

It includes two versions of each the Terrific 25, Super 60, and espnW 100 for the 2019 class. There is also a sheet that you can sort how ever you would like (alphabetically, by any of the 6 rankings, etc.) and see how the players rankings have changed over the revisions.

Feedback is much appreciated.

Reaction Score
This list is old, innaccurate .. badly skewered .. and Aubrey and some CK kids are missing
It's a spreadsheet lol. There are more things to looks at. This is just all of ESPN's different rankings for the 2019 class.

Very cool btw! This is something I've wanted to see for a lot of different classes!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky and I talked about this a little in the other thread. It was suggested sometime shortly after Boo Williams, which makes sense. Last years was April 26, so likely in the next week or so.
The class of 2019 is not playing playing at Boo Williams or any other AAU events. Don't think you will see a re-ranking of 2019.

Reaction Score
The class of 2019 is not playing playing at Boo Williams or any other AAU events. Don't think you will see a re-ranking of 2019.
I looked at what date past rankings have come out, and they have been Thursday, so I’m thinking possibly this Thursday or possibly Wednesday they will be updated.

We will likely see a re-ranking of the 2019, and it will be based mostly off the HS season. For example after her strong HS season, Mississippi State commit Aliyah Matharu went from out of the top-100 to #27. Will be interesting to see if Muhl or Makurat crack the top-60/100.

Reaction Score
They did it with the 2018 class, I can’t see why they wouldn’t do it with the 2019 class, I wonder if Jones or Horston will end up on top, I also expect to see Beliel reach the top 10.

Reaction Score
They did it with the 2018 class, I can’t see why they wouldn’t do it with the 2019 class, I wonder if Jones or Horston will end up on top, I also expect to see Beliel reach the top 10.
My guess is Jones will stay because I don’t think there is enough from either party to cause a switch. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another dip in Brunelle’s rank.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
My guess is Jones will stay because I don’t think there is enough from either party to cause a switch. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another dip in Brunelle’s rank.

Would be kind of rough to drop Brunelle much after she missed most of the HS season due to foot surgery.

It is very interesting to see the changes in rank over time. Thanks for posting this.

Reaction Score
Would be kind of rough to drop Brunelle much after she missed most of the HS season due to foot surgery.

It is very interesting to see the changes in rank over time. Thanks for posting this.
It commonly happens though..... They dropped Tuck when she was in HS after her first knee injury. This past year they dropped the Canadian who will be a freshman at SC next year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It commonly happens though..... They dropped Tuck when she was in HS after her first knee injury. This past year they dropped the Canadian who will be a freshman at SC next year.
Also Gabby Williams dropped. But she missed 2 years in high school, not just one...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
They also dropped Liv after missing her junior year. She was the #1 player in her class as a sophomore, but ended up 5th after her senior season.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

I guess it's a question of what we think the rankings are supposed to indicate - all other things equal, missing a year due to a foot injury will make Brunelle a comparatively worse player than she otherwise would have been, because she will have a year less experience coming into college. And there's always a chance that this could be a sign of a potential risk of recurring injuries down the road.

In one sense, yeah, it sucks to be downgraded for something that's not your fault. But if the point of the rankings are to predict college output, it's hard to argue Brunelle isn't comparatively less competitive as a recruit than she was a year ago. (In the same way that in the past year it's become very clear that Belibi has grown a ton as a player and should be higher than the 23rd - probably around the top 10).

And I think the same is true for all the others: ONO missing a year of high school probably made her a little less starter-ready when she showed up in Storrs. She's clearly closing the gap, but I suspect it's taking longer than it would have had she never been injured. And same for Williams, etc.

Tara made an interesting comment about one of our starters, Dijonai Carrington, at the beginning of last season. Although Carrington was starting her junior year, Tara said she thought of her as a sophomore "experience wise" because she had missed her entire HS senior year with an ACL tear. Tara said it was noticeable when she showed up at Stanford that Carrington hadn't had the playing time of her peers and that it took her some time to make it up. She's now closed the gap, in Tara's view, but it took her longer to get there. (And if memory serves, her recruiting ranking had dropped after she missed her senior season with the injury.)

So while it sucks, for sure, I think it's reasonable if the purpose of the recruiting rankings is to predict college output.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I guess it's a question of what we think the rankings are supposed to indicate - all other things equal, missing a year due to a foot injury will make Brunelle a comparatively worse player than she otherwise would have been, because she will have a year less experience coming into college. And there's always a chance that this could be a sign of a potential risk of recurring injuries down the road.

In one sense, yeah, it sucks to be downgraded for something that's not your fault. But if the point of the rankings are to predict college output, it's hard to argue Brunelle isn't comparatively less competitive as a recruit than she was a year ago.

All she missed was 2 months of beating up on the same overmatched rural VA high school kids she had already dominated for three years.

I don't think there was any significant "experience" to be gained from playing more HS ball for her given the weakness of the competition. Especially for someone who has already played at a very high level, having won multiple gold medals with USAB.

This was a nagging injury that had been bothering her for a while and finally it got bad enough that she decided to stop and get it fixed so that she would be 100% heading into college. In that sense, she is in a better spot that she was a year ago.

Bottom line, I think whatever evaluation one had on her at the end of last summer should stand. It's possible that one or two players have surpassed her as they have improved, though.

Reaction Score
Some stats on the update:

There were four players now ranked that were not in the previous top-100:
- #28 5-7 PG Aliyah Matharu - Mississippi State
- #87 5-7 G Maria Alvarez - South Florida
- #98 5-8 PG Teisha Hyman - Syracuse
- #99 6-1 P Camille Hobby - NC State

There were four players previously ranked that are no longer in the top-100:
- 5-10 G Kyra White - USC
- 5-10 PG Kennady Tucker - North Carolina
- 5-11 G Carole Miller - Virginia
- 6-4 F Ramani Parker - Louisville

Among the biggest fallers were:
- 6-1 G Nyah Green - Louisville (#12 -> #23)
- 5-11 G Celeste Taylor - Texas (#20 -> #40)
- 6-0 W Kaelynn Satterfield - Ohio State (#39 -> #88)
- 6-0 W Faith Masonius - Maryland (#49 -> #86)
- 5-10 G Leilani Correa - West Virginia (#62 -> 83)
- 5-10 G Kyra White - USC (#63 -> NR)
- 5-10 PG Kennady Tucker - North Carolina (#68 -> NR)

Among the biggest risers were:
- 6-1 W Aubrey Griffin - UConn (#33 -> #21)
- 6-3 P Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo - North Carolina (#56 -> #27)
- 6-2 F Jennifer Ezeh - Duke (#81 -> #65)
- 5-10 G Koi Love - Vanderbilt (#89 -> #63)
- 5-6 PG Corina Carter - New Mexico (#100 -> #64)
- 5-7 PG Aliyah Matharu - Mississippi State (NR -> #28)
- 5-7 G Maria Alvarez - South Florida (NR -> #87)

Reaction Score
Thanks for this - very useful to see the evolution over time. In part, it explains why Brunelle is so highly ranked - I didn't realize she was the no. 1 recruit for most of the recruiting cycle, so I guess they're loathe to drop her very far. Based on what I saw from the Jordan Brand Classic, I'd take Fran Belibi or Anaya Peoples over Brunelle in a heartbeat. The rankings seem to have some path dependency based on who was once thought to be top of the class.
Belibi will be the player with the most potential in college on day 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom