HoopGurlz: Breanna Stewart: A star in the making | The Boneyard

HoopGurlz: Breanna Stewart: A star in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yikes:

"Breanna Stewart of Cicero-North Syracuse (Cicero, N.Y.) caps one of the most decorated high school girls' basketball careers ever with appearances in the McDonald's All-American Game on Wednesday and the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) All-American Game on Saturday. These come on the heels of being awarded the Gatorade National Player of the Year, the Morgan Wootten Player of the Year, the Naismith Award and USA Basketball's Female Athlete of the Year -- an unprecedented quadruple.

Reaction Score
Yikes:

"Breanna Stewart of Cicero-North Syracuse (Cicero, N.Y.) caps one of the most decorated high school girls' basketball careers ever with appearances in the McDonald's All-American Game on Wednesday and the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) All-American Game on Saturday. These come on the heels of being awarded the Gatorade National Player of the Year, the Morgan Wootten Player of the Year, the Naismith Award and USA Basketball's Female Athlete of the Year -- an unprecedented quadruple.

YARDERS: also in that article, the writer makes reference to some message board posters not liking some of his quotes/descriptions of Stewart a year or so back....said posters noting that she sounded kind of cocky. Gotta own the fact that I was one of those who did respond, on this board, to one of those descriptions of his...and in that fashion (though I don't recall exactly what adjective I used) . From all I've gathered since, I was wrong (first time for everything, i'm told :rolleyes:) .....she seems anything but cocky....seems like a great girl all the way around. Can't wait for all three to GET HERE.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Breanna reminds me of EDD when handleing the ball and creating her own shot. She reminds me of Parker when shes down low. She can dunk, and is an amazing passer, with great footwork, has the wing span of a 6'10 person, is quick, agile, has a nose for the ball and on top of all that is a great kid, who only wanted to play for UConn. Dont listen to the papers, it was always Uconn and nothing but UConn. I had heard about her when she was in junior high and a friend of mine who saw her said she was better then Tina Kia Vaughn and Danelle Robinson all NYC HS legends. I predict she will block Griners shot if given the chance and perhaps we will see the first time two women dunk in the same game from different teams. For those who havent seen her when you do next season you will understand why I say with Breanna is here UConn may not lose a game so long as shes on the floor healthly. She can be the Greatest WCBB player in the history of the game.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN is going to be "pretty" good the next cpl of years.....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member