HoopGurlz 2020 Final Rankings | The Boneyard

HoopGurlz 2020 Final Rankings

Reaction Score

I think McLean may have fell a good bit?

For the most part, the biggest movers are players he’s seen during the HS season (Gusters, Andrews, Paopao, McLean)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
5 from Washington on the list. Glad to see Jayda Noble included. However missing is Meghan Fiso, Michigan signee. Transferred to Garfield this year, same team as Daniels. Seattle Times picked her as the best player in the Puget Sound/Western Washington area (notable that Daniels and Jenkins were both injured a significant portion of the season). Prospects Nation has her at #40.

Reaction Score
3 Stars for Nika Muhl??? I am beyond words....Head bang
Olson gives all international players three stars nowadays (if he even includes them).

And, for those who are wondering why Reese is ranked so high, Olson said on a podcast the other day it is because her ceiling is so high, but he knows she has a lot of work to do.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Based on what??
Click on UConn as the hyperlink for any of our recruits-Paige, Aaliyah or Mir and it will bring you to the "team" page and list all the recruits.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
3 Stars for Nika Muhl??? I am beyond words....Head bang
Meh. I sort of thought HG would be a bit more realistic, but really does it matter? Let everyone say Oregon, or whoever, has the best class. We know who we got, and we know how good we think they are. They have 4 years to blow everyone's socks off, and I think they will!

I wouldn't be surprised if Geno shows the rankings to each player - Paige to say "live up to the hype", and everyone else to say "you think you were disrespected? Show 'em they were fools!"...

Reaction Score
In ESPN's team rankings, the SEC does not get a lot of love, Only Ole Miss (no. 13) and Kentucky (no. 14) made the list of the top 20.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Whenever I think about the accuracy of Hoopgurlz, I remember they said Nurse was 33 and then I chuckle. It's all a popularity contest. Geno knows what he wants.
#33 ranking is still pretty good and equates to like 4.5 Stars. 3 Stars for a leading Euro? That just does not compute in any form. And I just did the correlation of HG to WBCA AAs, I may have to now do a new premise of predicting "top players to see how their top 50 Ranking looks....

Reaction Score
These are hilarious. I call them the Oprah Winfrey ratings, everybody gets 5 stars. All this research this guy does to tell us some kid named Lexi Donarski is as good as Paige Bueckers as a PG? How does he give them the exact same grade of 98? He couldn’t see a difference?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
These are hilarious. I call them the Oprah Winfrey ratings, everybody gets 5 stars. All this research this guy does to tell us some kid named Lexi Donarski is as good as Paige Bueckers as a PG? How does he give them the exact same grade of 98? He couldn’t see a difference?

The star ratings and grades are pretty meaningless with HG. What is relevant is the player ranking.

Reaction Score
Nika averaged 9.9 points, 9.4 assists, 5 rebounds playing in an adult professional 'B' league. If that's a 3 star performance than there should be no 5 starts awarded.
She is going play a lot for us this fall. She is fast and great passer. We have other outside shooters that do that. We needed her and she is great addition to UConn Family!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She is going play a lot for us this fall. She is fast and great passer. We have other outside shooters that do that. We needed her and she is great addition to UConn Family!
Even if Nika plays only in garbage time to start out, the ball movement will be excellent.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
It might be wishful thinking on my part, but Nika should be able to pick Anna's brain on how her transition was this year given a similar background and that could also assimilate her quicker. Again, that's my naivety on the European inter-relations, I mean they are all related right? :rolleyes: (Cue the obnoxious American music)...

Reaction Score
It might be wishful thinking on my part, but Nika should be able to pick Anna's brain on how her transition was this year given a similar background and that could also assimilate her quicker. Again, that's my naivety on the European inter-relations, I mean they are all related right? :rolleyes: (Cue the obnoxious American music)...
While I never felt Anna was out of shape, she did not look in UConn shape. While the virus may affect Nika's ability to work out, suspect one point of feedback will be get in the best shape of your life then take it up another level.

Reaction Score

I think McLean may have fell a good bit?

For the most part, the biggest movers are players he’s seen during the HS season (Gusters, Andrews, Paopao, McLean)
What's amazing to me is how many kids now rate in the high 90's compared to what I remember reading just a few years ago. It seems like either they are using a different scale or that the quality of women's basketball is going through the roof. I know the talent is better but it sure seems like it's really escalated. McLean is rated at 97 which is pretty awesome and yet she's nowhere near the top of the ratings chart. I don't think anyway is demeaning her but suggesting that there's just so much talent across the country.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I only Know one thing. What I Know is, I'm about to get a brain bleed waiting to see Every Single Freshman join the few returning players. I'm so Excited that this fall I get to watch the majic begin to happen! :):):)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If Nika was a High School player in the US she would be a five star recruit. She would also be at worst in the Top 20.

Reaction Score
Mir McLean fell to #25? Well, lets see.........Aubrey ended up at #21 last year and that seems to be working out just fine! Go Husky's!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom