Hoopfeed's Guide to the WNBA Draft | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed's Guide to the WNBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here at Hoopfeed, we prefer not to do “mock drafts.” There are too many variables, too many unknowns, and, invariably reality hardly looks like the mock drafts “experts” put out there. Instead, we prefer to provide you with information to help you speculate yourself on who each team will take.

Inside each of these was a section asking “what does the WNBA think of” and an answer was provided by a highly respected person in a WNBA organization that has requested anonymity so as to not give away what the team is thinking. We also requested thoughts on several other players expected to be drafted.

Here is what the Hoopfeed WNBA insider had to say about the potential draft choices. Armed with this information, you are ready to prepare your own mock drafts, speculate who will get drafted in what spot, and which person you hope your favorite team will draft. Good luck to everyone!

http://j.mp/1t0r5S5

Reaction Score
It's a crazy draft.

Chicago is losing Swin Cash. Hope they somehow get Thomas.

Tulsa probably won't have Liz Cambage. I wish they'd draft Jen Hamson. Tough as nails center and will only get better.

Reaction Score
Chicago was going to core Swin Cash, not sure if she ever was. Not listed on player movement central, but I don't think they're losing her.

Hamson may not play this year, she is committed to playing volley ball this fall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chicago was going to core Swin Cash, not sure if she ever was. Not listed on player movement central, but I don't think they're losing her.

Hamson may not play this year, she is committed to playing volley ball this fall.
In HuskyNan's thread there's a story from Chi-town that says Swin Cash is gone.

Last week Hamson had not made up her mind yet. Someone can draft her and just have the rights to her, right?

Reaction Score
In HuskyNan's thread there's a story from Chi-town that says Swin Cash is gone.

Last week Hamson had not made up her mind yet. Someone can draft her and just have the rights to her, right?

Verified with the Sky, idle speculation on his part; she is still a part of the Sky at this time, although you never know what could happen.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah, I just read that Hamson will not play for the WNBA this year.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/57817895-65/story.csp
I believe the rule on 'rights' to a player is if they are drafted and do not play anywhere then the rights are still owned - however if they play overseas without signing for a WNBA team then they are no longer owned by the drafting team. With Jen who is likely playing her last year of volleyball next year presumably someone who drafted her would still own the rights. And that is worth a late draft pick.

Reaction Score
UcMiami you are correct on all counts. I might take a second or third round pick on her if I was a GM.

Reaction Score
If Cambage doesn't come back to the Shock I'd go for Dolson. That might be a good move in any case. Dolson can play high or low and is a great passer/ rebounder- the full package.

Skylar Diggins/Stef Dolson- who'da thunk it?

Reaction Score
If Cambage doesn't come back to the Shock I'd go for Dolson. That might be a good move in any case. Dolson can play high or low and is a great passer/ rebounder- the full package.

Skylar Diggins/Stef Dolson- who'da thunk it?

I think the Shock are always going to end up playing chicken with Cambage, but Sims is just too talented to let go by, especially in Big 12 country.

Edited

Reaction Score
I think the Shock are always going to end up playing chicken with Cambage, but Sims is just too talented to let go by, especially in Big 12 country.

Edited

Thinking about it- that probably wouldn't be that bad but I'd go for Thomas way before I'd go for Sims. They have enough sub-six foot shooters but need some size with scoring ability. Thomas is a big inside/outside threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom