Hoopfeed: Orange push UConn Huskies before disappointing Carrier Dome crowd | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed: Orange push UConn Huskies before disappointing Carrier Dome crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To make it perfectly clear, this is easily the best Syracuse women’s basketball team I have seen play. They have talent, they are aggressive, and they play in the same supposed basketball crazy area as the men’s team that was number one for a long time this year.

So it is with both disappointment and annoyance that I write about coach Quentin Hillsman’s Orange playing before a crowd of 4,357 against the third-ranked UConn Huskies last night. That was actually their largest attendance of the season. Sure, UConn had too much talent in the end, but for a half, those in attendance that supported their team and school saw an excellent performance and a glimpse of what could be in the future, if Hillsman sticks around and continues to guide this team.

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...kies-before-disappointing-carrier-dome-crowd/

Reaction Score
Incredible how few fan bases can bring themselves to support women's basketball as avidly as they do the men.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Does Syracuse have a smaller gym on campus that they can play home games, instead of playing in the Dome?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Well, if the Syracuse women won as often as the men do....

And I don't know that I'd call this 'cuse team "the best I've seen."

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Does Syracuse have a smaller gym on campus that they can play home games, instead of playing in the Dome?
I actually think that would be better for them for some reason... mentally!

but with all this "treat as equal" stuff these days I guess the Dome is the right place to play

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Don't the UNC women play most of their games in a venue that is smaller than the Dean Dome?

Reaction Score
Yes, the UNC women play their home games at Carmichael Auditorium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom