Hoopfeed: Moore, Whalen, Augustus are the Olympians, but Brunson is the foundation of Lynx success | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed: Moore, Whalen, Augustus are the Olympians, but Brunson is the foundation of Lynx success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Continuing our lead up to tomorrow night's Phoenix-Minnesota final regular season matchup, we look at the key to the Lynx.

“What you see right away when she steps out there is she only knows one way, and that’s to play with a great deal of intensity and professionalism,” says Reeve. “Whatever the game plan is, she’s going to execute it.”

Rebounding and defense, not the things All-star votes and SportsCenter Top Tens are made of, but things of beauty for a coach watching the game.

“I remember watching Rebekkah when she was in Sacramento,” recalls Bone. “My mom called me, I talk to my mom before every game, and today I called her after pregame warm-ups, and she said ‘I didn’t know Brunson was playing.’ And I said, ‘Yeah, everybody’s back,’ and she said, ‘do you have to guard Brunson?’ I said no because all week in practice I had been against McCarville’s position, but I just happened to look at the board, and the matchups were on the board, and it was me guarding Brunson....”

http://post original url/VHyZ1ehvdl

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I thought that Brunson was deserving of a spot on the last Olympic team. I was really surprised when she was not chosen.

Reaction Score
When R. Brunson was out with the knee injury it effected the Linx in all aspects of the game, especially leadership & her fiery approach to BB! I to was amazed she wasn't picked for our National team! She has been the best PowerFoward in the US for several years now! The Linx with Brunson, Augustus, Wright, & Peters back may run the table the rest of the way! You can make a strong argument that Whalen is the best PG, Maya is the best SF, Augustus is the 2nd best SG to DT, Brunson is the best PF, and McCarvel is one of the top Centers in the WNBA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom