Hoopfeed: Mercury look to erase five years of frustration | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed: Mercury look to erase five years of frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're already gearing up for Saturday night's final regular season match up between Phoenix and Minnesota.

First up, a look at the Mercury!

“I think it sucks,” Taurasi says straight-faced when asked about passing more and shooting less, “we have to do something about that!” Then comes the ever-present smile and laugh, and a sweeping gesture around the locker room.

“The strength of this team,” she explains, “look around this locker room, on any given night anyone can carry us, so whoever is open, that’s the man with the hot hand, and we’re doing a pretty good job of finding them.”

http://post original url/KT6Fx5PCq2

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I think Phoenix will send a message Saturday night. DT had one of the worst games that I can remember seeing from her and Phoenix was still within 3 or 4 points late in the game. I don't expect the game to be close going down the stretch. I also expect Phoenix to concentrate on getting BG more touches and Minnesota really does not have a player that can stop her.

Reaction Score
Minnesota has won 16 of 20 games against Phoenix in the Maya Moore era and it really has not mattered how well Diana Taurasi has played; For the most part, Ms Taurasi has played quite well in the 16 of these games she has played against against Minnesota scoring 20 or more points 12 times. At full strength, Minnesota is just the better team. Phoenix might be closing the gap. Pressure is on Phoenix Saturday. It will be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom